GDIT is looking for several Information System Security Officers (all levels) to work with a division or our nation's intelligence and security service and federal law enforcement agencies.
This is a contingent requisition which is based upon award
All Positions require an ACTIVE TOP SECRET CLEARANCE
Information System Security Operations (ISSO):
Services to support IS Security performed by the Information System Security Officer (ISSO) at a minimum, shall consist of to the following activities:
· Ensure the day-to-day implementation, oversight, continuous monitoring, and maintenance of the security configuration, practices, and procedures for each IS
· Provide liaison support between the system owner and other IS security personnel
· Ensure that selected security controls are implemented and operating as intended during all phases of the IS lifecycle
· Ensure that system security documentation is developed, maintained, reviewed, and updated on a continuous basis
· Conduct required IS vulnerability scans according to risk assessment parameters.
· Develop Plan of Action and Milestones (POAMs) in response to reported security vulnerabilities
· Manage the risks to ISs and other program assets by coordinating appropriate correction or mitigation actions, and oversee and track the timely completion of (POAMs)
· Coordinate system owner concurrence for correction or mitigation actions
· Monitor security controls for program ISs to maintain security Authorized To Operate (ATO)
· Upload all security control evidence to the Governance, Risk, and Compliance (GRC) application to support security control implementation during the monitoring phase
· Ensure that changes to a program IS, its environment, and/or operational needs that may affect the authorization status are reported to the system owner and IS Security Manager (ISSM)
· Ensure the removal and retirement of ISs being decommissioned in coordination with the system owner, ISSM, and ISSR
ISSO Junior, Mid and Senior Levels - TS CLEARANCE REQUIRED
Years of experience required will vary based on level
At least 3 - 7 years (according on position level) serving as an Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) at a cleared facility
Minimum of 5 -9 years (according on position level) of work experience in a computer science or Cybersecurity related field.
Hold at least one of the following certifications: Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Global Information Security Professional (GISP), or the CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner (CASP) or other certifications exemplifying skill sets such as those described in DoD Instruction 8570.1 Information Assurance Management (IAM) Level I (Jr.) Level II (Mid) Level III (Sr.) proficiency.
Familiarity with the use and operation of security tools including Tenable Nessus and/or Security Center, IBM Guardium, HP Weblnspect, Network Mapper (NMAP), and/or similar applications.
A bachelor's or advanced degree in Computer Science, Cybersecurity, or other cyber discipline is preferred.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.