Systems Engineer Advisor Secret - TS/SCI (preferred) Springfield, VA
Please take this opportunity to join one of GDIT’s fastest long-standing growing programs! US Battlefield Information Collection and Exploitation System eXtended (US BICES-X) is a cutting edge program supporting DoD intelligence information sharing on current and emerging global threats to mission and coalition partners and emerging nations. With an internationally dispersed team supporting each combatant command, the US BICES-X team is in direct support of the war fighter and their missions. We are seeking a creative and driven professional with a passion for solving real world issues on a cross-functional, fast paced team.
The Senior Systems Engineer is a strong, self-motivated, solution-oriented individual who will be joining an experienced team to support the implementation and sustainment of multiple networks. We are looking for an experienced, innovative and enthusiastic systems engineer to join us in delivering high quality IT systems.
· Securely integrate new COTS and GOTS products into multiple existing Windows-based isolated networks.
· Automate installation of software using tools such as PowerShell, Desired State Configuration, Ansible, and/or Puppet
· Provide operational support and troubleshooting for Microsoft and Linux-based systems as higher-tier support for the Systems Operations teams.
· Design, develop, evaluate, and modify virtual compute environments throughout the technology life cycle.
· Participate in system conceptual design and documentation for enterprise solutions to deployment and management of COTS/GOTS software platforms.
· Determine system specifications, input/output processes, and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility.
· Provide system/equipment/specialized training and technical guidance as needed.
· Provide input to briefings, transitioning concepts to execution, course of action (COA) development, and assisting in project technical planning and implementation.
· Develop standard operation procedures (SOPs) and system documentation.
· Collaborate with managers, network and systems engineers, team members, and customers on solutions and issues.
· Review, analyze, and verify current security configuration and effectiveness in response to DoD requirements and emerging threats.
· Achieve and maintain Security Technical Implementation Guide (STIG) compliance.
· May be required to perform duties outside of normal day shift hours.
· Mentor and coach less experienced system administrators and engineers.
· Participate in special projects as assigned.
· Continuous improvement mindset to ensure quality of delivered services.
Minimum of 8 years of relevant experience
· A minimum of five (5) years’ experience in building, maintaining and supporting Microsoft technologies and related platforms: Active Directory configuration and management, Windows Server 2012/2016, Exchange, PowerShell, SharePoint, ADFS, Group Policy, DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP.
· BA/BS Degree – may substitute additional years of experience
· A minimum of two (2) years’ experience with VMware related technologies
· Active secret - TS/SCI (Preferred) clearance
· Must be IAT level II compliant with DoD 8570.1
· Microsoft Certified System Administrator
· Proficiency with automation/scripting languages PowerShell, Python, Puppet DSL, etc.
· ITIL V3 or V4 Foundation within six months of hire
· A demonstrated strong working knowledge of Microsoft and Virtual infrastructure technologies
· Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer
· Proficiency working in a team with Git source control manager
· Familiarity with CI/CD practices and tools such as Azure DevOps, Azure Pipelines, or GitLab
· Experience delivering solutions in accordance with agile and waterfall methodologies
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT does not have a vaccination mandate applicable to all employees. To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, however, GDIT may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on the status of the federal contractor mandate and customer site requirements.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.