Own your opportunity to work alongside federal civilian agencies. Make an impact by providing services that help the government ensure the well being of U.S. citizens.
Seize your opportunity to make a personal impact as a Web Designer supporting the Medical Research and Development Command (MRDC) in Fort Detrick, MD. GDIT is your place to make meaningful contributions to challenging projects and grow a rewarding career.
At GDIT, people are our differentiator. As a Web Designer you will help ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. Our work depends on Web Designer joining our team to design, develop and maintain visually appealing and user-friendly websites that meet the needs of our clients.
HOW YOU WILL MAKE AN IMPACT
Work with customers, project managers, and developers to create beautiful and functional websites with a focus on customer experience.
Evaluate the content, structure, style, organization, and aesthetics of the existing MRDC-hosted websites.
Review and implement Operations Security, Section 508, and regulatory compliance for all MRDC-managed websites.
Coordinate with MRDC to define goals and requirements for refinement and future development of websites and content.
Develop and implement a web design and development plan that includes actions and milestones for requirements determination, design, testing, documentation, training, and implementation based on evaluation results and Government feedback,
Utilize an agile methodology for all development efforts to ensure the MRDC customer remains fully engaged.
Create and maintain a comprehensive listing of all websites, including IP/VIP addresses, SSL certificate expiration dates (both commercial, where applicable, and server/sites), current content sizes, and content owner contact information
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO SUCCEED:
● Education: Bachelor’s degree in graphic design, web design or related field
● Required Experience: 2+ years of related web design experience
● Security Clearance Level: Active DoD Secret Clearance
● Certifications: Active IAT II certifications (Security+ CE, or equivalent)
● Required Skills and Abilities: Strong understanding of design principles, typography, color theory, web layout. Experience with responsive design. Strong communications skills.
● Preferred Skills: Proficiency with industry standard design software such as Adobe Creative Suite
● Location: Fort Detrick, MD, with opportunity for remote work
●**US Citizenship Required
GDIT IS YOUR PLACE:
● 401K with company match
● Comprehensive health and wellness packages
● Internal mobility team dedicated to helping you own your career
● Professional growth opportunities including paid education and certifications
● Cutting-edge technology you can learn from
2 + years of related experience
* may vary based on technical training, certification(s), or degree
Less than 10%
U.S. Citizenship Required
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT does not have a vaccination mandate applicable to all employees. To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, however, GDIT may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on the status of the federal contractor mandate and customer site requirements.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.