GDIT has an opportunity for a growth oriented and execution-focused professional to help drive our Department of Homeland Security business area serving various DHS agencies.
We are looking for a talented and experienced Agile Change Management Analyst/Engineer to join our Configuration, Change and Infrastructure Management (CCIM) team on an IT operations project supporting DHS USCIS. The candidate will provide change management support for large enterprise operations and maintenance. Candidate will be responsible for change management tasks that are associated with designing, configuration, and installation support for large enterprise IT projects. This position ensures that all projects, and tasks designated by government follow change management lifecycle, practices, standards and completed to successfully, within an established time frame.
This position works under the general guidance of the EIOSS Program Manager, Change Management (CM) Lead and USCIS EID PMs, CCIM and other stakeholders, in an Agile, DevSecOps fast-paced, rapidly changing, collaborative environment. This position requires strong troubleshooting and analytical skills, strong critical thinking, complex problem solving, appropriate judgment, and decision-making skills.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
* Provide support to change management activities including the process for System Change Requests (submitting, approving, developing, testing and migrating to production).
* Facilitation of CM Change Control Boards in the absence of the CM lead, including developing agendas, and following up on action items and coordinating testing and implementation of system changes.
* Administer enterprise-wide Change Management program in accordance with established policies.
* Provide project support and have knowledge of DHS Change control Processes for Change, Configuration, and Release Management Process as well as the DHS Infrastructure Change Control Board (ICCB) as mandated by DHS policy.
* Perform Quality Control on each Change Request (CR) ensuring that CRs have been properly documented and submitted for CABs and DHS ICCB.
* Work with project teams on CR deficiencies to ensure policy standards.
* Communicate, collaborate and coordinate with Release Management, Configuration Management and other teams to ensure proper tasks and activities are connected with CRs.
* Provide Change Control Board lifecycle support in accordance with DHS policies and procedures.
* Assist in Agile User Story creation, User Acceptance Testing (UAT), ad hoc sessions, and provide technical feedback associated with updating, upgrading, and maintaining all CM-related activities in Service Now and other CM tools.
* Provide weekly, monthly and periodic yearly CR reports. Continuously evaluate external and internal policies and practices to reduce unessential practices.
* Participate in Working Group meetings and session and provide expertise and inputs to the forum as requested by managers and leads.
* Review all Agile projects related documentation and provide feedback.
* Participate in assigned VCABs , evaluate VCAB processes and provide feedback for improvements.
* Research and identify ways to automate VCAB process to capture comments, approvals, rejections, or denials from VCAB Stakeholders and post them directly into the CRs.
* Research and find opening connections between ServiceNow and VCABs, other tools.
* Research AWS, Google Cloud Platform (GCP) and Azure environments and determine how to incorporate Change Management to ensure the work in a particular security posture.
* Fully engaged in the implementation of a DevOps practices for supporting IT
* Work in an Agile Kanban/Scrum environment and teams working in Waterfall or Agile projects
* Assist and mentor junior members on the team
Required Qualifications, Experience, and Skills
* Bachelors degree in Computer Science, MIS, related field or the equivalent and 5-7 years related experience or a MS and 5 years of experience or the equivalent
* 5-10 years of experience in Infrastructure configuration and CM, using standard and Agile methodology practices
* 5 years’ experience using and working with CMDB, IT HW/SW License management, Asset Management, Ticketing (ServiceNow, JIRA, Remedy)
* 4+ years’ experience in enterprise Information Technology (IT) Change Management, metrics and reporting, IT Service Management (ITSM) process management, or other relevant experience required
* Strong skills in the use of Service Management tools, such as ServiceNow or Remedy required
* Knowledge and experience with working in an ITIL v3 or v4 framework to deliver enterprise services.
* Expertise in integrating technical process workflows within current and future Change Management (CM) automation required
* Experience developing written functional documentation and training materials
* Thorough knowledge of the relationships between Change Management, Configuration Management and Release Management, and a desire to improve that understanding in others
* Demonstrated leadership experience implementing and improving IT processes
* Experience providing direction on implementing and maintaining internal change management policies, procedures and associated training plans
* Overall responsibility for managing the CM team, priority, status, and deliverables
* Proven ability to work closely with the business community as well as technical resources in a tactful manner
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to represent the team in briefings and in presentations.
* Effective time management skills and the ability to work under pressure to meet schedules and deadlines, to multi-task, to plan, organize and prioritize work assignments and pay close attention to detail
* Familiarity with Git, Serna, Ansible, Jenkins, Confluence, and other collaboration tools
* Familiarity with AWS, AZURE, Google Cloud Services, and other Cloud environments
* Familiarity and experience with Agile, DevOps practices and ITIL processes
Preferred Education, Experience, and Skills
* ITIL certification preferred or the ability to obtain one
* Agile Certifications (CSM etc.,)
* Experience working in DevSecOps practiced environment
* Experience using ServiceNow, Agile Life Cycle Management tools knowledge and experience.
* US Citizen with DHS Public Trust suitability clearance/EOD
* Experience with any DHS agencies or entities
* Candidate must be an US citizen, and able to obtain DHS Public Trust clearance and USCIS EOD to start work
ATTRIBUTES FOR SUCCESS
To succeed as a candidate and within this role, you will need to:
* Demonstrate proven experience (with tangible outcomes and results), a can-do attitude, an ability to influence internal and external customers, and a leadership and communication style required to lead a diverse and dispersed team.
* Embrace and embody GDIT’s of Commitment, Impact, Integrity, Imagination, and Agility.
The position is based in GDIT’s Falls Church, Virginia headquarters, with expected travel to current program locations and new business opportunities across the country. Travel is primarily local travel in the DC metro area for the current portfolio but could potentially expand to both national and overseas locations as the portfolio grows.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.