Own your opportunity to serve as a critical component of our nation’s safety and security. Make an impact by using your expertise to protect our country from threats.
GDIT is seeking a highly motivated, self-directed professional to fill the role of Software Engineer. The ideal candidate has the ability to work with big data and various data formats to make data meaningful to the end user. This individual is responsible for working with developers, other data scientists, and various stakeholders to address mission needs. Responsibilities include developing visualizations, modeling data, developing algorithms, working on software libraries, and investigating data questions.
- Active TS/SCI with Polygraph clearance
- A degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, or specialized experience in a scientific or technical discipline
- Demonstrated experience in AWS
- Minimum 2-3 years of practical, hands-on experience with Java
- Experience with file input and output
- Experience with libraries used to read and write structured data (XML, JSON, CSV, etc.)
- Experience with Unit testing (JUnit, Mockito, etc.)
- Proven ability to understand and debug existing code
- Experience working with large data volumes requiring highly performant code
- Oracle Database Experience
- Experience writing complex SQL statements to join multiple tables
- Experience designing schemas (tables, columns, foreign keys, etc.)
- Experience with large databases (million+ rows)
- Ability to work independently
- Elasticsearch, Python, and Kbana
- Demonstrated knowledge of NoSQL, SQL and Relational Databases (MySQL)
- MapReduce (EMR)
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT does not have a vaccination mandate applicable to all employees. To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, however, GDIT may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on the status of the federal contractor mandate and customer site requirements.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.