Agile Scrum Development
Own your opportunity to work alongside federal civilian agencies. Make an impact by providing services that help the government ensure the well being of U.S. citizens.
Software Engineer Advisor
Deliver simple solutions to complex problems as a Software Engineer Advisor at GDIT. Here, you’ll tailor cutting-edge solutions to the unique requirements of our clients. With a career in application development, you’ll make the end user’s experience your priority and we’ll make your career growth ours.
At GDIT, people are our differentiator. As a Software Engineer Advisor you will help ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We have a great opportunity for a Senior to Mid-level Java / ReactJS Software Engineer to work in a colloborative, productive Agile development environment supporting the IT needs of the ENERGY STAR program.
ENERGY STAR is administered by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency and is a voluntary labeling program: EPA sets energy efficiency specifications and those that meet them can choose to display the ENERGY STAR logo. In turn, consumers and businesses who want to save energy and money can look for the ENERGY STAR label when making buying decisions.Thousands of organizations—including nearly 40% of the Fortune 500®—partner with ENERGY STAR. Together with EPA, they deliver cost-saving energy efficiency solutions that protect the climate, improve air quality, and protect public health.Since 1992, ENERGY STAR and its partners have helped American families and businesses:
Save 5 trillion kilowatt-hours of electricity.
Avoid more than $500 billion in energy costs.
Achieve 4 billion metric tons of greenhouse gas reductions.
HOW A SOFTWARE ENGINEER ADVISOR WILL MAKE AN IMPACT
● Designs, develops, evaluates, plans and tests engineering specifications for software programs and applications
● Maintaining and modernizing publicly used systems and infrastructure.
● Modernizing existing user interfaces to use ReactJS, developing new web services/architecture, working with partners on a variety of data exchange routines, and enhancing multi-server processing efficiency.
● Work alongside with other engineers to develop new applications and service in an agile software development team using scrum
● Work as part of a development team in a fast-moving environment with new iterations every 15 days, communicating with Customers, Project Managers, Requirements Analysts, Testers, and other team members.
● Work at a high level of collaboration, including pairing, working in a common virtual team space
● Participate in regular team reviews assessing each other’s performance and helping to implement continuous improvement activities (Sprint Retrospectives).
● Refining and developing new with Java Web Services with Spring Boot
● Enhancing infrastructure efficiency utilizing Message Queueing
● Developing and enhancing ReactJS user interfaces
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO SUCCEED:
● Education: Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Science
● Required Experience: 8+ years of related experience
● Security Clearance Level: N/A
● Location: Remote, Hybrid
● US Citizenship Required
GDIT IS YOUR PLACE:
● Full-flex work week to own your priorities at work and at home
● 401K with company match
● Comprehensive health and wellness packages
● Internal mobility team dedicated to helping you own your career
● Professional growth opportunities including paid education and certifications
● Cutting-edge technology you can learn from
● Rest and recharge with paid vacation and holidays
8 + years of related experience
* may vary based on technical training, certification(s), or degree
U.S. Citizenship Required
The likely salary range for this position is $124,000 - $186,000, this is not, however, a guarantee of compensation or salary; rather, salary will be set based on experience, geographic location and possibly contractual requirements and could fall outside of this range.
View information about benefits and our total rewards program.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT does not have a vaccination mandate applicable to all employees. To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, however, GDIT may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on customer site requirements.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.