At GDIT, people are our differentiator. Our work depends on an Audio Visual (AV) Installation Technician joining our team to support US Army Installation activities at multiple locations within the Continental United States (CONUS) and in various theaters of operation including US Army Pacific and US Army Central Command. As an AV Installer supporting Mission Command System Upgrades, you will be trusted to support the installation of video walls, high-definition monitors, digital message displays, multi-zone clocks, Video Teleconference (VTC) Systems, copper and fiber cables and system interconnections for video, audio, universal serial bus (USB), network, control and power systems. You will be part of a 9- person team supporting Mission Command Operation Center and Conference Room upgrades at various locations in support of the US Army.
We are GDIT. The people supporting and securing some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. Our work has meaning and impact on the world around us, but also on us, and that’s important.
GDIT is your place. You make it your own by embracing autonomy, seizing opportunity, and being trusted to deliver your best every day.
We think. We act. We deliver. There is no challenge we can’t turn into opportunity.
In this role, a typical day will include:
Work with a team of professionals responsible for the design and implementation of Audio Visual Systems for the US Army
Working with logisticians and the installation team to track material inventory
Installation and calibration of audio/visual equipment
Review engineering implementation plans and interconnect diagrams and install and terminate wiring and cables according to the plans
Perform general installation, device configuration, and troubleshooting
Requires climbing ladders and working in confined spaces such as under raised floors
Must be able to lift heavy equipment (50 pounds)
Willingness to travel (up to 75%) required
• High school diploma or equivalent, vocational training, or an associate's degree in audiovisual technology
• 3+ Years of relevant experience (waiverable)
• Use of power tools and hand tools required
• Must hold a minimum of Interim Secret Security clearance (TS-SCI preferred)
• AVIXA certification CTS or CTS-I (CTS-I preferred)
• Bachelor degree preferred
WHAT GDIT CAN OFFER YOU
• GDIT has been instrumental in the design and development of the Army Home Station Mission Command initiative and has installed these systems in Korea, Japan, Hawaii, Alaska, numerous CONUS sites, and Kuwait.
• Through team collaboration and on-the-job training that we will provide you will be able to develop your audio visual installation skills and attain certification as a Certified Technical Specialist – Installer.
• We have a talented team that is willing to share their knowledge and expertise to ensure every team member is a highly qualified technician.
• Working within the team your technical skills and capabilities will be enhanced with potential progression to AV Systems Engineering and/or Programming.
General Dynamics Information Technology is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.