GDIT has an exciting opportunity available for an Audiovisual / Video Teleconferencing (AV / VTC) Systems Programmer supporting our Regional Support Center in SWA at Camp Arifjan, Kuwait. This position requires someone with a current and active Secret clearance.
The role supports the US Army in Kuwait including day-to-day setups of videoconferences and videoconference bridge operations. This position requires an individual who is self-motivated, suitably experienced, qualified, and able to follow instructions clearly but also able to make command decisions on the spot in order to achieve the aims of the organization. Majority of time is spent on videoconference setup and operation, answering the help line, and performing Scheduler duties.
•Responsible for programming the Crestron and Vaddio control systems, to include the design, installation, and continuing support of graphic touch panel interface layouts based on customer requirements
• Knowledge of AV/VTC hardware, software and network connections
• Responsible for audio visual systems management Policy, Procedures, and current architectures.
• Takes an active role in the design and installation of small to large-scale AV systems to include: video teleconferencing, sound systems, lighting, displays, and Command-and-Control operation centers.
• Works with the engineering staff to develop and maintain network requirements, architectures, and designs. Understand how programming cause/effect impacts the overall audio visual systems
• Establish templates, and program to intuitive user interfaces
• Documenting and maintaining operations, network development, and maintenance processes and procedures
• Support AV programming, audio design, digital signage, communications, data, and control systems with existing and new AV control systems
• Assist in troubleshooting hardware cabling and components in addition to touch panel programming
• Conduct user training, provide status briefs to manager, and assist in development, update and maintaining SOPs and operational guides on AV systems.
• Provide initial troubleshooting regardless of IT system/device or network and/or service provider.
• Audio Visual/VTC Programmer will provide remote support and/or travel to customer sites as required.
• Support a medium base of deployed audio-visual multimedia (AVMM) systems by performing perfective and corrective programming for Crestron devices.
• Program devices with Crestron SIMPL Windows, a programming language based on C/C++.
• Debug and test fixes to operational problems with AVMM systems.
• Debug and test changes to AVMM systems.
• Maintain software configuration Management of deployed code
• Willingness to travel out of state for installation projects.
The Ideal Candidate must have:
Must have an active U.S. Government SECRET clearance.
Associate's Degree in a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience. Bachelor’s degree is preferred but not required.)
Candidate must have 2+ years remaining on passport.
Passport must obtain 6 blank pages together.
Demonstrated experience in operation and configuration of audio-visual and telepresence systems.
Excellent customer presence as well as verbal and written communication skills.
Valid driver's license.
3-10 years of directly related experience supporting VTC operations.
Polycom VTC and CISCO/Tandberg VTC experience.
Excellent problem-solving skills to troubleshoot complex VTC problems.
Strong attention to detail.
Outstanding communication skills (verbal (including telephone) and written).
Knowledge of Microsoft Office software products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
Ability to meet internal paperwork requirements.
The Ideal Candidate will have:
Comprehensive knowledge of the principles, methods, and techniques used in VTC troubleshooting and support.
Comprehensive knowledge of related hardware and software.
Ability to use independent judgment when there are no policies or procedures in place.
Ability to apply common sense understanding and deal with problems involving multiple variables in a variety of situations.
Strong verbal and written communication skills. This is because the job involves preparing, presenting, and often defending budget proposals when presenting them to decision makers.
Exceptional electronic spreadsheet construction skills.
Experience working in hostile and austere environments.
Experience in a forward-facing customer support role.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.