We are looking for an energetic and versatile team-builder and servant-leader who will focus on bringing our agile teams to higher levels of maturity. The successful Agile Scrum Master candidate will inculcate continuous process improvement, and take ownership of delivering significant improvement of the Agile Team’s productivity, engagement, throughput, and quality of deliverables. The ideal candidate will have experience working with delivery and operations teams in a systems engineering, integration, infrastructure, or other non-software development environment. Experience with Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe®) and Kanban agile methods is highly desired.
- Responsible for enacting Agile values and principles: facilitate Daily Standup meetings; organize Sprint Planning/Grooming sessions; Sprint Reviews and Retrospectives; Maintain Sprint Backlogs and Task tracking, Information Radiators, etc. for teams
- Work with product management and product owners to ensure product backlogs are well groomed, prioritized and visible to all stakeholders. Work with product owners to develop release plans and organize backlog items into priority groups. Work with product owners to adjust release plans following each sprint review.
- Work with Operations team members to enact DevOps principles and practices: ensure close coordination/communication with Delivery Teams, ensure appropriate automation of deployment plans/scripts, ensure that releases include reference artifacts for operational support, ensure that defect management process is incorporated into agile framework.
- Ensure team members are collectively responsible for all aspects of agreed work (analysis, development, testing, and documentation).
- Participate in Scrum of Scrums meetings to ensure cross-team collaboration and coordination of delivery plans and integration testing activities. Understand the dependencies both to and from the program and work with the other programs to ensure interdependent initiatives are aligned on sequencing and timing.
- Remove impediments, either personally or by escalating to the right personnel, to ensure that the team is fully functional and productive
- Guide the team on how to get the most out of self-organization
- Facilitate getting the work done via discussion, decision making and conflict resolution
- Enable close collaboration across all roles and functions
- Shield the team from external interferences/distractions
- Assist with internal and external communication, improving transparency and radiating information
- Build a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised with an emphasis on problem solving
- Assess the Agile health/maturity of the team and coach the team to higher levels of maturity, at a pace that is sustainable and predictable for the team
- Work with the product team to ensure a successful rollout to the customers
- At least 3-5 years as a Scrum Master or Team Leader in an agile environment
- Must have active DoD clearance (minimum Secret)
Certification (CSM or equivalent)
Prior experience with traditional Project Management
Attributes of a Successful Candidate
- Servant Leader: Must garner respect from team and be willing to get their hands dirty to get the job done
- Facilitative: Must be able to lead and demonstrate value-add principles to a team
- Conflict Resolution: Must be able to facilitate discussion and facilitate alternatives or different approaches
- Communicative and social: Must be able to develop rapport with team members, Product Owner, other Scrum Masters
- Assertive: Must be able to ensure Agile principles and agreed-upon frameworks are adhered to while allowing maximum flexibility based on team needs that drive delivery of business value. Must be able to be a voice of reason and authority, make the tough calls as part of a collaborative process with management, development, and product leadership
- Attitude of Transparency: Must desire to bring disclosure and transparency to the business about development and grow business trust
- Situationally Aware: Must realize issues and/or risks as they arise and elevate them as needed
- Empowered Mindset: Must be able to lead a team to self-organization
- Continual Improvement: Must continually be growing one's craft, learning new tools and techniques to manage self and team
- Agile Maturity: Ability to assess the Agile Maturity of the team and organization and coaching the team to higher levels of maturity, at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for the team and organization
- Problem Solver: Ability to remove impediments or guiding the team to remove impediments
- Learner: Track record of continued and recent education relevant to Lean/Agile/DevOps, including training, conferences, user groups and self-study
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.