The Systems Administrator position will apply expertise in the installation, configuration, operations, and maintenance of both Microsoft Windows and Linux-based architectures. The Systems Administrator will focus on improving the stability and performance of the platform, maintaining and improving the security posture of the domain, continuous monitoring of system health, and troubleshooting issues that arise. This individual is accountable for Windows, Linux, and application systems that support the infrastructure. Responsibilities on these systems include SA engineering, operations and maintenance, and research and development to ensure continual operation. The individual must be proficient in building, documenting, and providing tier 3 engineering support.
The position requires deep technical knowledge of systems, networks, and application security as well as a solid understanding of enterprise-level security frameworks, policies, processes, and standards. The candidate must have strong analytical skills for troubleshooting complex issues, attention to detail, and the ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
2. 8 to 10 years of related system administration experience.
· Demonstrated knowledge and experience using distributed search and analytic engines (i.e. ElasticSearch); data collection and log-parsing engines (i.e. Logstash); and analytics and visualization platforms (i.e. Kibana).
· Familiarity in Cloud/Virtual computing environments (AWS, C2S, OpenStack, Azure, KVM and VMware)
· Systems administration experience with Apache NiFi
· Provide daily operational support for Windows and Linux operating systems and applications
· Maintain the integrity and security of systems by monitoring security feeds and dashboards in support of Continuous Monitoring activities
· Develop and maintain standards and procedures for applications across a complex computing infrastructure
· Develop and maintain comprehensive documentation
· Monitor application and operating system performance and analyze and document problems
· Develop and oversee implementation of testing strategies and document the results
· Leverage scripting and system automation tools
· Maintain current knowledge of relevant technologies
· Research and recommend hardware and software, coordinate installation, and provide backup recovery
· Review problems to understand the root causes of issues and ensure implementation of proper fixes
Collaborate with system administrators, engineers, and the client to ensure proper integration of applications DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS: BA/BS (or equivalent experience), 8+ years of experience
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.