1. Performs shipboard work in process inspections and monitors compliance with workmanship standards
2. Records and analyzes data and writes summaries and reports to validate or show deviations from existing standards.
3. Works closely with management to ensure adherence to ISO standards and NAVSEA Standard Items.
4. Recommends modifications to existing, or suggests new, standards, methods, and procedures.
5. Maintains appropriate inspections and documentation related to shipboard install T&I Plan, quality assurance tests and inspections.
6. Provides quality training.
7. May provide guidance and work leadership to less-experienced staff members.
8. Guides and directs employees in quality improvement efforts.
9. Participates in special projects as required. Maintains key metrics, control systems and recordkeeping criteria for all quality testing, procedures and protocols;
10. Computer skills in Work and Excel required.
11. Electrical Cableway and Connector knowledge a plus.
12. Associates Degree in a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training or work experience.
13. May require professional, technical, or company certification(s), depending on job assignment.
14. Some travel may be required depending on task.
15. Trained in Nondestructive Testing (Visual, Liquid Penetrant and Magnetic Particle Inspection) with 3-5 years’ experience in U.S. Navy shipboard NDT Inspections.
16 NDT Level II required
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.