The Network Engineer designs, plans, and builds communications networks. Configures routers and switches, and firewalls for LAN and WAN systems and VPN concentrators with appropriate network engineering and communications protocols. Coordinates LAN/WAN hardware/software improvements and/or enhancements. Monitors the network utilizing industry-leading technologies. Provides innovative methods and technical solutions using the engineering design process. Plans implementation of enhancements
· Displays a comprehensive understanding of communication and routing protocols to include but not limited to TCP/IP, BGP and EIGRP
· Has an in-depth understanding and practical knowledge of networking topologies (LAN, WAN)
· Experience with network diagnostic, monitoring and analysis tools (e.g., SolarWinds or other network monitoring tools)
· Performs maintenance and upgrade of networks including servers, routers, switches, firewalls, remote access systems, and networks
· Ability to analyze and evaluate networks, identify issues and provide solutions to ensure effective and efficient operation
· Knowledge is High Assurance Internet Protocol Encryptor (HAIPE) devices
· Analyzes customer requirements and provides technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems
· Maintains network integrity and connectivity while ensuring policy compliance; maintains system backup and recovery capability
· Creates plans and configures systems for data communication networks
· Evaluates new communications technologies to enhance the capabilities of the network
· Excellent Cisco knowledge and troubleshooting skills
· Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned
· Solid understanding of network operating systems (Cisco IOS, etc.)
· 5+ years of Network Engineering experience
· BA/BS in Information Technology related field or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
· DoD 8570.01 certification required – Security+, or higher
· Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
· Must have fully adjudicated Top Secret-SCI security clearance
· CI/Polygraph may be required after hire
About Our Work
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT does not have a vaccination mandate applicable to all employees. To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, however, GDIT may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on the status of the federal contractor mandate and customer site requirements.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.