Own your opportunity to serve as a critical component of our nation’s safety and security. Make an impact by using your expertise to protect our country from threats.
Deliver simple solutions to complex problems as a Data Engineer at GDIT. Here, you’ll tailor cutting-edge solutions to the unique requirements of our clients. With a career in data engineering, you’ll make systems performance and availability your priority and we’ll make your career growth ours.
At GDIT, people are our differentiator. As a Data Engineer you will help ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. Our work depends on a Data Engineer joining our team to support data analysts, data scientists, and big data engineers in identifying data sources, performing exploratory data analysis, developing data models, ensuring data cleanliness and accuracy to provide new mission-enhancing insights.
HOW A DATA ENGINEER WILL MAKE AN IMPACT
● Expands our mission capabilities in automating data integration and collection strategies
● Coordinates system development to include design, modeling, security, integration, and formal testing
● Contributes to completion of engineering programs and projects
● Develops solutions to a variety of complex engineering problems
● Optimizes the data ingestion pipeline architecture, develop strategies for efficient ingestion, processing, storage, structuring, and access
● Improves responsiveness and overall performance of the data ingestion pipeline architecture
● Prepares and maintains documentation for processes and procedures relate to engineering projects
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO SUCCEED:
● Education: Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or other related analytical, scientific, or technical discipline
● Required Experience: 3+ years of related experience
● Required Technical Skills: Strong Python skills, Experience with messages systems like Kafka, Working experience with ETL processing, Working experience with data workflow products like NiFi
● Security Clearance Level: TS/SCI with Polygraph
● Required Skills and Abilities: Works independently under general supervision, possess current DoD IAT II Level certification
● Preferred Skills: Working knowledge of entity resolution systems, Experience with Lambda functions, Working experience with Python RESTful API services / JDBC
● Location: On Customer Site
● US Citizenship Required
GDIT IS YOUR PLACE:
● 401K with company match
● Comprehensive health and wellness packages
● Internal mobility team dedicated to helping you own your career
● Professional growth opportunities including paid education and certifications
● Cutting-edge technology you can learn from
● Rest and recharge with paid vacation and holidays
3 + years of related experience
* may vary based on technical training, certification(s), or degree
U.S. Citizenship Required
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT does not have a vaccination mandate applicable to all employees. To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, however, GDIT may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on customer site requirements.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.