Gas Metal Arc Welding (GMAW)
Shielded Metal Arc Welding (SMAW)
Own your opportunity to work with the largest government agency in the nation. Make an impact by advancing the Department of Defense’s mission to keep our country safe and secure.
1. Planning and execution of weld assembly lay out work from sketches, blueprints, written instruction or verbal information, often unspecific and generalized for welded prototype hardware development.
2. Rigging for lifting and positioning equipment, material and fabricated assemblies, use of fabrication positioning equipment for weldment assembly.
3. Use of basic machine shop tools and equipment for turning, drilling, milling, grinding, etc. of stock materials.
4. Methods for heat distortion control, weld inspection quality control, preheating weld materials, weld and weld grove preparation.
5. Experience with weldment drawings, configuring tooling and jig set-up, and fixture fabrication.
7. Welding aluminum and stainless steel alloys in flat, horizontal, vertical, and overhead positions using gas tungsten arc welding (GTAW), and gas metal arc welding (GMAW).
Desired Qualifications:Technical Degree (Associates or equivalent) in Welding Technology from an accredited Technical or Vocational School.
U.S. citizenship required.
Ability to obtain/maintain Secret Clearance
Certifications for shielded metal arc welding (SMAW), gas tungsten arc welding (GTAW), and gas metal arc welding (GMAW) in flat, horizontal, vertical, and overhead positions for high strength (HY 80/100) and mild steel.
Target Experience: 7 years of experience as a Support Worker/Welder
7 + years of related experience
* may vary based on technical training, certification(s), or degree
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT does not have a vaccination mandate applicable to all employees. To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, however, GDIT may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on customer site requirements.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.