DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS: HS/GED, 1+ years experience
1. Applies basic pipefitting processes to join, surface, fabricate, repair, or replace piping systems (steel, cuni, etc.).
2. Must have experience in bending all types of pipe and knowledge of operating a pipe bending machine
3. Works from blueprints, engineering sketches, charts, or work orders.
4. Uses measuring tools and related equipment to target and fit piping.
5. Sil-brazes cuni pipe.
6. Inspects completed work for conformance to specifications.
7. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced welders.
8. Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
9. Participates in special projects as required.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.