Performs all procedures necessary to deploy and provide support for fielded systems ensure the safety of information systems assets and to protect systems from intentional or inadvertent access or destruction.
· Participates in installing, maintaining, integrating, troubleshooting, testing and servicing of fielded systems and products
· Provides direct support and training to on-site and off-site customers as needed
· Utilizes compliance tools (ACAS, Nessus, SCC, etc.) to select, implement, and assess security controls; corrective action taken on any issues/findings
· Assists in the design, development, and testing of new systems largely comprised of Cisco devices and Microsoft, VMWare ESXi, and RHEL operating systems
· Conduct system reviews and perform maintenance functions as required to ensure system health (to include IOS upgrades, Red Hat Security Advisory (RHSA) patches, Microsoft patches, etc)
· Configure and install various network devices (e.g. routers, switches, Taclanes, firewalls, etc.) and services (STP, NTP, OSPF, VLANs, 802.1q, SSH, VPNs (IPSec, GRE, IKEv2) etc.)
· Work closely with colleagues to meet team goals and improve processes and practices
· Develop and/or maintain documentation supporting various projects
· May serve as technical team or task leader
· Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned
· Completes special projects as required
· 2+ years' experience involving networking and system administration
· AA/AS in Information Technology or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, professional training, or work experience.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.