· Interpret customer needs and through collaboration with subject matter experts and independent research, support the planning, development, and dissemination of effective, high-quality cyber security education, training, and awareness materials designed to educate and inform the workforce on cyber security risks, increase cyber hygiene, and promote a cyber aware culture.
· Support the development and dissemination of cyber security education, training, and awareness materials that provide blended learning opportunities. Materials may include computer-based training, briefings, newsletter, trifolds, how-to-guides, posters, desk cards, and web-based products in alignment with the organization’s strategic plans and priorities. Translate operational and technical communications, in partnership with stakeholders and subject matter experts.
· Develop, initiate, and manage a cyber security communication plan, including regular program status reports, and produce planned and ad hoc enterprise-wide cyber security workforce communications on focused cyber security topics, policy priorities, and senior leadership talking points.
· Evaluate cyber security education, training, and awareness program efficiency by identifying and gathering workforce trend analysis, performance improvement metrics, and then actively shape new products to address gaps, provide top-of-mind awareness of the cyber threat landscape, emerging threats, and best practices to follow.
· Articulate process steps and evidentiary materials to auditors, inspectors, regulators, reviewers, stakeholders, and third parties.
· Support the administration of the cyber security workforce program, including planning and tracking group and individual training requirements.
· Must have the ability to work in a dynamic environment and effectively interact with numerous DOD, military/civilian personnel, and industry partners.
· Driven, energetic, team player with superior oral and written communication skills. Superior customer service and interpersonal skills to effectively relate to agency and customer needs; ability to build working relationships promote information-sharing and coordinate activities with leaders and key stakeholders.
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel) and performing data analysis.
· Possess a high degree of originality, creativity, initiative requiring minimal supervision.
· Experience in developing enterprise-wide Phishing and Social Engineering Awareness campaigns, evaluating the workforce’s response, and developing products to increase awareness and best practices to follow.
· Previous work in training, communications, or original content development applicable to the position requirements.
· Experience with Computer-Based Training (CBT) delivery and Learning Management Systems in general.
The likely salary range for this position is $116,000 - $174,000, this is not, however, a guarantee of compensation or salary; rather, salary will be set based on experience, geographic location and possibly contractual requirements and could fall outside of this range.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.