GDIT is your place. You make it your own by embracing autonomy, seizing opportunity, and being trusted to deliver your best every day. We think. We act. We deliver. There is no challenge we can't turn into opportunity. And our work depends on TS/SCI level cleared NSX-T Engineer joining our team to support our Intelligence customer in Springfield, VA.
The client is seeking a senior NSX-T Engineer to support an NSX-T environment running on VMware. This role will have the responsibility for understanding program mission requirements and designing, deploying, and configuring impactful solutions to meet defined requirements. The NSX-T engineer will also evaluate current environment configurations and make recommendations for improvement as relevant. This role involves evaluating new capabilities in an engineering test environment, following instantiated change management procedures for all future enhancements, and production support of current and future NSX-T deployments. The role also involves generating detailed Standard Operating Procedures (SoPs) of the NSX-T environment, automation of the NSX-T environment as appropriate, and providing troubleshooting support at the Tier-3/4 level.
Core tasks include:
* Provide expert solutions in VMware NSX-T technologies
* Integrate NSX-T software defined network with existing physical network infrastructure
* Identify areas where the NSX-T environment can be automated
* Support integration with vRealize Automation
* Create detailed system design and standard operating procedure documents for the NSX-T solution.
* Provide Tier-3/4 operational support
* Installation/Configuration/Management of NSX-T 3.x environment
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems or equivalent experience
* More than 8 years' experience preferred in a large enterprise
* Excellent understanding of Networking technologies, including security and monitoring aspects
* Excellent understanding of VMware NSX-T and automation concepts, experience with REST, Ansible, Python, and PowerShell preferred.
* Experience designing and operating enterprise level solutions for a global organization
* Proficiency in scripting and/or automating repeatable processes
* CompTIA's Security+
*TS/SCI with CI poly
VCP - VMware Certified Professional 2022
Network Virtualization 2022 (VCP-NV 2022)
About Our Work
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT does not have a vaccination mandate applicable to all employees. To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, however, GDIT may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on the status of the federal contractor mandate and customer site requirements.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.