Bachelor's Degree in a Computer Science or related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
Required Experience: 7 years of increasingly complex and progressive experience in related IT operations (server and OS management) or software development experience.
Required Specialized Skills:
1. Proficiency in system administration for LINUX Operating Systems operating on RHEV servers and Apache TOMCAT Web Server. This includes promoting new software development packages through a Development, Staging and Production environment. builds administration of user accounts, information assurance, and network security.
2. Experience with creating and modifying scripts. Write code for update queries, update data dictionaries as new fields are added to the database, and maintain a data correction log.
3. Security+ and System Administration Certification
4. Ability to provide software support for installation and testing of PostgreSQL DBMS vendor patches, including installation and configuration of the patch utility.
5. Participates in the design, maintenance, troubleshooting, enhancement, coding, and administration of relational databases.
6. Analyzes and determines information needs and elements, data relationships and attributes, data flow and storage requirements, and data output and reporting capabilities.
7. Participates in continuous improvement efforts in enhancing performance and providing increased functionality, including performing proactive maintenance such as ensuring continued space availability, monitoring activity, and documenting problems, changes, and solutions.
8. Tests and troubleshoots designed applications and their database connections.
9. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies and vendors' best security practices as assigned.
Preferred Skills, Qualifications or Experience:
1. Familiarity with ESRI Geospatial Software Configuration/Administration/ArcSDE.
2. Experience with OPEN JDK
3. Formal Operating System Certification
4. Experience in Database Administration of a PostgreSQL Database Management System (DBMS) to include Performance Tuning, Administration, Operating Systems, Scripting Languages, and Administration in a LINUX environment.
5. Knowledge of DISA Security Technical Implementation Guidelines (STIGs) and the ability to evaluate cybersecurity compliance of DBMS software against the DISA STIG.
6. Prepares technical implementation plans that provide integrated solutions including actions, milestones, timelines and critical paths required for complete solutions.
7. Proficient verbal and written communication skills, to include presentation to management.
8. Familiarity using Puppet, Ansible, and/or other configuration management software.
9. Experience working in the Department of Defense / U.S. Navy operating environments.
10. Knowledge of Oceanographic applications, databases, and systems.
WHAT GDIT CAN OFFER YOU:
Full-flex work week
401K with company match
Internal mobility team dedicated to helping you own your career
Collaborative teams of highly motivated critical thinkers and innovators
Ability to make a real impact on the world around you
About Our Work
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT does not have a vaccination mandate applicable to all employees. To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, however, GDIT may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on the status of the federal contractor mandate and customer site requirements.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.