IT Service Management (ITSM)
Service Desk Management
Own your opportunity to work alongside federal civilian agencies. Make an impact by providing services that help the government ensure the well being of U.S. citizens.
Seize your opportunity to make a personal impact as an Application Service Desk Manager supporting public-facing federal systems and websites. GDIT is your place to make meaningful contributions to challenging projects and grow a rewarding career.
At GDIT, people are our differentiator. As an Application Service Desk Manager you will help ensure that the public is able to access the federal systems and data available to them, and that any issues are resolved in a timely and effective manner. Our work depends on an experienced Service Desk Manager joining our team to manage the activities of a technical support contact center that the public relies on to obtain information and submit requests on specific federal agency operations. You will provide a productive and motivating working environment, and lead efforts to address any issues/disputes from both application owners and the general public.
HOW YOU WILL MAKE AN IMPACT
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO SUCCEED:
● Education: Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Science preferred
Preferred certification: HDI and/or ITIL 4 Certifications
● Required Experience: 7+ years of related experience including 3+ years of service desk leadership
● Required Technical Skills:
Experience working with an ITSM tool such as Remedy, HEAT or ServiceNow
IT Troubleshooting skills, especially with custom public-facing systems.
Ability to develop a level of expertise with the business/mission aspects of a public-facing application and train/mentor service desk staff in learning the application and addressing calls from the public
● Security Clearance Level: must be able to pass a government agency background check
● Required Skills and Abilities:
Able to communicate technical ideas and concepts to a non-technical audience.
Prior experience providing technical and non-technical support to senior leaders and executives.
Experience prioritizing trouble tickets and conflicting tasks
Good coaching and mentoring skills
● Location: San Antonio, TX
● Timeline: This position is being posted contingent on funding or contract award. It is expected to start in September 2023.
GDIT IS YOUR PLACE:
● 401K with company match
● Comprehensive health and wellness packages
● Internal mobility team dedicated to helping you own your career
● Professional growth opportunities including paid education and certifications
● Cutting-edge technology you can learn from
● Rest and recharge with paid vacation and holidays
7 + years of related experience
* may vary based on technical training, certification(s), or degree
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT does not have a vaccination mandate applicable to all employees. To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, however, GDIT may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on customer site requirements.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.