General Dynamics is seeking a professional and highly motived candidate for a Cybersecurity Engineer position which will support cybersecurity related requirements for a Navy Command and Control (C2) system. This position requires a high level of technical understanding along with the ability to guide and perform Authorization/Certification and Accreditations (A&A/C&A) through enforcement of standards assessments authorization, and certification criteria. Qualified candidates should possess knowledge and experienced in the following:
1. Configure systems following Department of Defense (DoD) A&A and C&A guidance and perform assessments which evaluate compliance with established cyber security policies and regulations.
2. Assist with conducting Security Testing & Evaluation (ST&E) for enclave and system accreditations while providing corrective actions to resolve or mitigate identified risk.
3. Advise the customer through the RMF process to assist with development, modification, and review while providing artifacts for accreditation and/or re-accreditation.
4. Have the ability to work independently on multiple accreditation packages for programs connected to specific NIWCPacific customers.
5. Provide engineering guidance based on DoD and Industry Security Best Practices, security requirements and cyber security trends and solutions; focused towards risk assessments and mitigations.
6. Provide system engineering, integration, and life-cycle support for a variety of Navy Research and Development systems.
7. Have the flexibility to understand and adapt to evolving cybersecurity inspection criteria.
8. Ensures the integrity and protection of networks, systems, and applications through technical enforcement of organizational security policies using ACAS and HBSS ePolicy Orchestrator.
9. Application and Evaluation of DISA Security Technical Implementation Guide or STIGs, and Security Recommendation Guides (SRG).
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, professional training or work experience.
5-8 Years of direct experience in Cybersecurity Engineering or direct support related A&A/C&A process in support of DoD RMF/DIACAP
CISSP (and / or other advanced IA security relevant certifications) Preferred CompTIA Security+ Certification Required Microsoft/Linux Operating System Industry Certification and/or Completed Training Program Required
" We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.