GDIT is searching for a Desk Side Support Engineer for our DC location. TS/SCI clearance (CI poly preferred or must be able to obtain) and Security+ or other technical certification to meet 8570 compliance (IAT II) are required.
GDIT provides DoDIIS (Department of Defense Intelligence Information System) customers worldwide with an ESOC consisting of Self-Help Knowledge Portals, remote Service Desk resolution support, and in-field customer engagement support. GDIT is the first point of contact for IT problem resolutions helping to increase user satisfaction, reduce resolution time, and consolidate and standardize remote and in-field customer support at the enterprise level.
Deploy, sustain, troubleshoot, and repair standard voice, data and video systems network in fixed environments. Sustain various systems through effective troubleshooting, repair, and system performance analysis. Provides service to end-users for operation, restoration, and configuration of information systems. Desk Side Support Engineer performs a variety of duties in support of a computer, network (LAN/WAN), and/or client server unit.
Essential job functions
• Provides service to end-users for operation, restoration, and configuration of information systems. Reports security incidents and executes corrective security procedures.
• Understands minor system tasks (e.g., loading software, rebooting, systems) in support of hardware maintenance and operations functions
• Installs and incorporates new releases, updates/patches, or other changes to COTS hardware and software (diagnostics failures or potential failure predictions)
• Operates and applies automated H/W management and diagnostics systems (to include remote management and diagnostics) and interprets findings to maintain, repair, or upgrade H/W
• Conducts hardware maintenance and minor installations on equipment listed in the specified task order and understands the inter-operational relationships of all components, to the extent required to perform maintenance services
• Plans, executes, and provides recommendations for preventative maintenance as approved by government personnel
• Provides technical assistance to responding field service personnel
AA or equivalent + 3 yrs related experience.
TS/SCI clearance required (CI poly preferred or must be able to obtain).
Security+ or other technical certification to meet 8570 compliance required (IAT II).
Physical requirements (walking, lifting up to 50 lbs, crawling for extended periods of time)
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.