Develops; organizes; and conducts training for Fleet sailors in Center for Surface Combat Systems (CSCS) Det East in Norfolk, VA in support of one or more of the following courses: SHF Communications Baseband Maintenance course, Commercial Broadband Satellite Program (CBSP) Maintenance course, UHF Systems Maintenance Technician course, and Navy Multiband Terminal (NMT) Maintenance course. The training program requires the ability to conduct traditional classroom instruction and support maintenance training to the element level.
1. Provides dynamic teaching & training as well as assessment that require advanced knowledge of U.S. Navy Combat Systems Capabilities and Limitations to the element level.
2. Conducts dynamic assessment of the sailors' abilities to comply with approved maintenance and operational procedures and thereafter provides formal appraisal of performance with recommendations for improvement and methods to maintain technical proficiency.
3. Observes and assesses contemporaries during Practice and Certification Teaches per requirements in NAVEDTRA 135.
4. Prepares; reviews; and customizes curriculum lesson plans and instructor guide in support of traditional classroom teaching.
5. Supports Formal Course Reviews and Curriculum Updates; conducts training gap analysis provides formal feedback and recommendation for Course improvement.
6. Based on seniority; will be responsible for the preparations of subordinate instructor’s annual performance appraisals for leadership.
7. Develops; tests; maintains; and delivers moderately complex Navy Combat Systems training programs and related materials in support of CSCS training objectives.
8. Establishes and reviews course content and objectives.
9. Conducts training sessions and develops criteria for evaluating the effectiveness of training activities.
10. Maintains records of training activities; participant progress; and program effectiveness.
11. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
Bachelor's Degree in a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications, training, or work/military experience.
Five (5) years of experience with the required system as either a maintenance technician supervisor or operator supervisor with responsibility for teaching the applicable system or function task to others in a journeyman level training environment. Of the five years, one (1) year of experience as an instructor in a Navy Training Environment, to include curriculum maintenance, writing learning objectives, preparing test items, evaluating instructional materials and the results of instruction and counseling students on academic learning problems.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.