General Dynamics is seeking a Sr. Systems Administrator / Common Engineering Tool (CET) License Manager for our Naval customer in Crane Indiana.
If you are seeking an opportunity to support our nation's military, work at one of the largest naval bases in the US, live in a place with low cost of living, low crime and on a program that has a lot of excellent opportunities within a Fortune 100 company - then this position is perfect for you!
As a License Manager and Server Administrator you will be involved in software lifecycle from acquisition, to maintenance renewals, to end of life planning and server administration. You will be responsible for licensing compliance and will work with other members of the IT Asset Management team, vendor management, IT Asset Owners. As part of your responsibilities, you will be asked to respond to requests from end users, managers, developers, and team members for specific IT Software Asset Management data information.
Create compliance reports to analyze deployment and usage data against purchasing or contract entitlements.
Partner with Asset Owners to ensure compliance and end of life strategies are created and in effect.
Collaborate with colleagues to manage license use and renewals of software contracts
Provide data and assistance on vendor audits
Ensure that IT Asset Management tools are kept up to date and that the data between the tools is aligned
Document processes and identify areas to further mature the overall program
Perform installation, updates, and configuration of servers and workstations in accordance with industry best practices and DISA standards.
Perform system monitoring using approved tools and processes to validate system health. Assists with the analysis of system resource trends and gathers customer requirements for capacity planning.
Participates in customer Activity Configuration Change Boards to understand business requirements and provide analysis to determine changes required. Collaborates with senior personnel in performing risk assessments to determine impact on customer business processes and systems downtime and proposes changes as needed. Implements system changes across large, complex and diverse server environments by using standardized defined methods and procedures; provides efficient and prompt handling of all changes to improve day-to-day operations.
· Performs OS and vendor software patching on servers
· Monitors Physical and Virtual Servers performance using monitoring tools
· Performs troubleshoots and does analysis of alerts on Servers
· Take the initiative to improve processes, solutions and configurations rather than transact on legacy procedures.
· Knowledge of hardware and software inventory tools (e.g., Flexera, SCCM), their strengths and weaknesses, and best practices for their use.
· Collaboration and Communication: Working together; listen to other's ideas; communicate accurately and concisely.
· Analyzes and recommends IT asset life-cycle management including procurement, deployment, monitoring, auditing, validation, tracking, expense and use reporting, and disposal.
· Attention to detail with the ability to identify issues or inconsistencies; obtains relevant information, relates and compares data from different sources and identifies alternative solutions
· Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, with the capability to make decisions and adapt to change
· Ownership and execution of incident management and system maintenance,
· Effectively communicate via written or verbal methods to all levels of management any concerns pertaining to licensing issues.
Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications, and work experience.
5-8 years of directly related experience in systems administration and analysis.
Experience/knowledge of establishing Common Engineering Tools (CET)
2+ years' experience in an IT Asset Management or related position
Experience interpreting licensing terms and conditions
Ability to lead discussions at various organizational levels
SECRET security clearance
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.