Monitor and analyze Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS) to identify security issues for remediation.
Recognizes potential, successful, and unsuccessful intrusion attempts and compromises thorough reviews and analyses of relevant event detail and summary information.
Evaluate firewall change requests and assess organizational risk.
Communicates alerts to agencies regarding intrusions and compromises to their network infrastructure, applications and operating systems.
Assists with implementation of counter-measures or mitigating controls.
Conducts regular audits to ensure that systems are being operated securely, and information systems security policies and procedures are being implemented as defined in security plans.
Develops, tests, and operates firewalls, intrusion detection systems, enterprise anti-virus systems and software deployment tools. Safeguards the network against unauthorized infiltration, modification, destruction or disclosure.
Safeguards the network against unauthorized infiltration, modification, destruction or disclosure.
Researches, evaluates, tests, communicates and implements new security software or devices.
Conducts routine investigations of information systems security violations and incidents, reporting as necessary to management.
Implements, enforces, communicates and develops security policies or plans for data, software applications, hardware, telecommunications and information systems security education/awareness programs.
Ensures the integrity and protection of networks, systems, and applications by technical enforcement of organizational security policies, through monitoring of vulnerability scanning devices.
Performs periodic and on-demand system audits and vulnerability assessments, including user accounts, application access, file system and external Web integrity scans to determine compliance.
Prepares incident reports of analysis methodology and results.
Ensure compliance with regulations and privacy laws.
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS: BA/BS (or equivalent experience), 2+ years of experience
Additional Position-Specific Requirements:
Must meet the certification requirement of DoD 8570.01-M or otherwise stated in SPIN-C or individual task order. The contractor is expected to have, but is not limited to, one or more IT certifications from each group:
Group 1: Information Technology Certification Requirements
• Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE) – Microsoft Exchange/Windows Server or equivalent
• Cisco Certified Network Associate
• Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP)
• CompTIA Linux +
• Linux Professional Institute Certification (LPIC)
• GIAC Global Industrial Cyber Security Professional (GICSP)
• GIAC Certified Incident Handler (GCIH)
Group 3: IAT Level II Requirements
• Global Information Assurance Certification (GIAC) Security Essentials Certification (GSEC)
• CompTIA Security +
• Security Certified Network Professional (SCNP)
• Systems Security, Certified Practitioner (SSCP)
• Certified Information Security Auditor (CISA)
• GIAC Security Expert (GSE)
• Security Certified Network Architect (SCNA)
• Certified Information System Security Professional (CISSP) or Associate
• Certification and Accreditation Professional (CAP)
• GIAC Information Security Fundamentals (GISF)
• GIAC Security Leadership Certification (GSLC)
• Certified Information Security Manager (CISM)
Intermediate level of experience in design, maintenance, and operation of small to medium networks. This experience must include administrating corporate or business’ user accounts managing mail servers, printer servers, WWW servers, and/or firewalls. Must have experience in reviewing and recommending software applications as well as identifying hardware salient characteristics and any add on devices. Experience in systems management, monitoring and sustainment; hardware repair for servers, PCs, peripheral equipment; software installation, maintenance and sustainment.
Must have intermediate level of experience working with the following:
• Tactical and strategic security issues of systems and networks, and associated requirements specific to deployed architecture
• Network security, network and systems intrusion detections, advanced devices, firewalls, and software specific to the Department of Defense
• Server operations including installation, configuration, optimization, and analyzing logs on Windows operating systems (including Server 2008/2012 and modern desktop versions)
• Cisco IOS, CAT OS, configuration of Cisco routers and switches
• Server operations including installation, configuration, optimization, and analyzing logs on Unix operating systems (including Linux and Solaris)
• Mastery of the functions of DoD 8570-defined IAT Level I position
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.