Develop and utilize physics-level software tools to simulate electromagnetic interaction with tissue and the resulting biological effects, to include problems associated with heat conduction and thermoacoustics.
- Provide principal programming support for the Electromagnetic Modeling (EM) team writing new and maintain existing parallel codes and tools to run on remote DoD and local High Performance Computing (HPC) clusters. FDTD, numerical techniques, electromagnetics, thermal conduction solutions, data processing, report writing, Python, Matlab, C/C++, etc.
- Research, investigate, and implement future HPC hardware, tools, and networks to further modeling efforts
Training Required: Master degree or higher in Computer Science, Engineering, physics or a related technical discipline.
Two years of parallel programming experience. Three or more years of post-graduate experience using scientific computing techniques in an academic research or similar environment would be ideal.
Research or development experience in HPC techniques or software. Demonstrated expertise participating in research and development activities including collaborations with researchers to produce new HPC/parallel computing techniques and applications.
-- Provide programming support to implement physics-based algorithms into software code, and integrate codes into a GUI driven software suite.
- Assist in the development of GUIs to create, run, and display simulation results for an electromagnetic bioeffects code suite.
1. Developing cross-platform software products deployable on both Linux and Microsoft Windows environments.
2. Integrating and testing applications on secure operating system environments.
3. Proficiency with C/C++ , Python, code integration, performance benchmarking, and optimization of scientific models in product applications.
4. Software testing and validation.
5. GUI design / programming in UI frameworks such as Qt.
6. Proficiency with threading constructs and design patterns.
7. GPU programming on Linux / Windows operating systems.
8. Experience with HPC systems using MPI and / or grid computing.
9. Design, implementation, and maintenance of Apache file servers, PHP, MediaWiki, local mirrors, as well as production code repositories using Git.
a. Experience with scientific visualization, and parallel scientific codes.
b. CUDA and/or OpenCL programming.
Unique/Additional Requirements Active DoD secret security clearance or be eligible to obtain.
Comments Interim clearance before start is nice to have but probably not possible. At least the process has to be started.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.