Applies research to the planning design development, and testing of mechanical and/or electromechanical systems, instruments, controls, engines, and/or machines.
Designs and produces metal and plastic project components and other mechanical parts from raw materials.
1. Operates CNC machinery, and is familiar with CNC machine tool technology and Haas CNC Milling Machines. Operates traditional machine shoptools such as lathes, drill presses, band saws, grinders, benders, etc.
2. Conducts moderately complex research, design, and construction of hardware and mechanical components in a variety of metals and plastics.
3. Designs new products and/or modifies existing products to support project solutions.
4. Develops technical specifications to support and enhance component production.
5. Analyzes hardware designs and recommends changes for improved performance and quality.
6. Tests hardware performance to specifications.
7. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced hardware engineers and may have supervisory responsibilities.
8. Serves as liaison with clients, participating in meetings to ensure client needs are met.
9. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
10. Participates in special projects as required.
MS in Mechanical Engineering, Engineering or a related technical discipline.
Top Secret Clearance required and a TS/SCI with Polygraph preferred
8+ years of related mechanical engineering, design and/or CNC milling experience.
CNC Instructor or mentor experience preferred.
CNC Certificate, SolidWorks, and/or MasterCAM training desired.
Experience with CNC programming preferred.
" We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.