User Acceptance Testing (UAT)
Own your opportunity to work alongside federal civilian agencies. Make an impact by providing services that help the government ensure the well being of U.S. citizens.
At GDIT, people are our differentiator. We are looking for a Software Testing Engineer to support the Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System (VAERS). VAERS is a post-marketing surveillance system that monitors adverse events that occur after a vaccine has been administered.
The ideal Software Testing Engineer will have experience in the coordination and execution of test events in accordance with approved test plans, procedures and scripts. This includes having knowledge and skills to ensure that test environments are set up accurately as well as the ability to create test reports. Having experience testing various different items is a plus (IT hardware, software, systems and networks).
This is a remote based role; Candidates must live in the US and strong preference for candidates in the DMV
· Develops and executes test plans, test cases, and test procedures to ensure that all information systems products and services meet organization standards and end-user requirements.
· Develops test schedule and testing approach.
· Writes test cases and scripts and identifies data for test scenarios.
· Conducts a walkthrough on test case/script with Development Leads.
· Performs and leads tests of software and/or IT systems to ensure proper operation and freedom from defects.
· Performs verification activities on work products using defined methods, procedures, and criteria with an appropriate verification environment.
· Documents and communicates test results. Supports analysis of test results and resolution of open issues.
· Documents and works to resolve all complex problems. Reports progress on problem resolution to management.
· Devises improvements to current procedures and develops models of possible future configurations.
· Creates daily test metrics and reporting.
· Occasionally performs other IT systems engineering activities such as requirements, design, installation, operation, sustainment, and support
· Frequent use and application of technical standards, principles, theories, concepts and techniques.
· Receives assignments in the form of objectives and establishes goals to meet outlined objectives. Work is reviewed by supervisor/lead to measure meeting objectives.
· Follows established client testing guidelines, procedures, and policies.
· Provides solutions to a variety of technical problems of moderate scope and complexity where analysis of situations or data requires a review of a variety of factors.
· Works under general direction of the Team Lead on routine work. May receive detailed instructions on new projects or assignments. Work is reviewed for soundness of technical judgment, overall adequacy and accuracy.
· Exercises sound judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
· Contributes to completion of milestones associated with specific projects.
Required Skills and Experience
· Bachelors with 5 years’ experience or 5 years of additional relevant experience may be substituted for education
· Testing on database platforms such as Microsoft SQL
· Testing applications written in/on languages/platforms such as Java, ColdFusion, PHP, .NET and HTML
· Creating test cases and test scripts
· Experience interpreting functional and technical requirements
· Experience with defect identification and resolution
· Experience with common testing tools and software such as Selenium, MicroFocus, Eggplant, and/or SmartBear, JMeter
· Experience preparing for and conducting user acceptance testing (UAT)
· Ability to obtain a VA Position of Public Trust – Medium Background Investigation (MBI)Ability to obtain a Public Trust clearance
· US Citizenship is required
Desired Skills and Experience
· Project coordination, stakeholder engagement, and release management skills/experience a plus
· Strong analytical, verbal, and written communication skills
· A self-starter with a positive attitude and strong interpersonal skills
· Solid work ethic and technical knowledge, with the ability to self-manage workload and deliverables under tight deadlines
3 + years of related experience
* may vary based on technical training, certification(s), or degree
U.S. Citizenship Required
The likely salary range for this position is $76,000 - $114,000, this is not, however, a guarantee of compensation or salary; rather, salary will be set based on experience, geographic location and possibly contractual requirements and could fall outside of this range.
View information about benefits and our total rewards program.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT does not have a vaccination mandate applicable to all employees. To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, however, GDIT may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on customer site requirements.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.