General Dynamics Information Technology (GDIT) is seeking a Systems Engineer/Administrator to support our Navy customer in Crane, Indiana. If you are seeking an opportunity to support our nation's military, work at one of the largest naval bases in the US, live in a place with low cost of living, low crime and on a program that has many excellent opportunities within a Fortune 100 company - then this position is perfect for you. Be a part of the men and women that solve some of the world's most complex technical challenges!
You will manage the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems:
1. Perform workstation server network, and application scanning to determine vulnerability risks that may exist
2. Review and identify known risks according to Cyber Security requirements and mitigate known risks acceptable levels as determined by the ISSO to reduce the likelihood of risk to the system
3. Support the design, development, and integration of software/hardware based solutions
4. Install software application that provide or enhance the security of individual platforms, systems, and/or networks
5. Conduct analyses and record findings on current patch compliance status of computers for use in the Assessment & Authorization process
6. Apply appropriate updates to systems as required to maintain CS compliance in accordance with DOD directives
7. Support government personnel in the administration and information removal of hard drive, tape, and optical disc in accordance with local and DOD policy to enhance the data integrity of the system.
8. Configure and implement CS Assessment & Authorization security controls in accordance with local procedures
9. Provide hardware and software support for network connected workstations, Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) devices, applications, and printers to ensure that operability requirements are up to dates and that the devices meet CS hardware configuration requirements
11. Perform technical support for establishment, testing, upgrading, and operational support of VTC systems.
12. Assist in planning, facilitation, and execution of VTC equipment upgrades and installations
13. Determine vulnerability risks for VTC workstations, servers, networks, and applications utilizing appropriate IA scanning techniques.
14. Provide analysis and recommendations concerning other government VTC Systems and their components and capabilities.
15. Operate government equipment in the execution of VTC sessions.
16. Perform oversight and coordination on scheduling and setup of portable VTC services including modifying equipment, components, and wiring.
17. Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products.
18. Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
19. Provides advice and training to end-users.
20. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
21. Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, training, work experience, and Security+ certification
2+ years of directly related experience in systems administration and analysis.
ACAS & STIG experience a plus.
Experience Video Tele-Communications (VTC) systems
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.