We are seeking an experienced Network Engineer to support a high-visibility customer in Washington, DC by developing, maintaining, and optimizing secure on-premise networks. This network engineer will work as a primary contributor to an engineering team in the design, build, implementation, and testing of state of the art networks consisting primarily of Cisco hardware. The engineer is expected to possess IT problem-solving skills and a thorough knowledge of network technologies/architectures to troubleshoot problems and issues. The Engineer will assess current infrastructure, operations, and policy to ensure confidentiality, integrity, and availability and will provide guidance on future systems (technical refresh, upgrades, improvements) based on customer requirements, industry advances, best practices, and emerging technologies. The engineer will assess functionality of current networks and advise on appropriate measures to improve, repair, remediate, and/or upgrade to meet increasing security threats, increased efficiencies, and advances in technologies.
- Experience with selecting, configuring, and installing networking equipment based on administrator specifications.
- Engineer, design and maintain WAN, LAN, power, and environmental components.
- Install, configure, and troubleshoot network equipment (Cisco ISE, Cisco routers, Cisco switches, Dell servers, firewall and VPN appliances.
- Knowledge of various LAN/WAN/V-LAN architectures.
- Experience with maintenance of various components (switches, routers, firewalls) of the network; ability to quickly and effectively troubleshoot issues pertaining to network outages and degraded performance.
- Current Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) switching and routing certification.
- Experience with Microsoft Visio; create, review, and maintain network diagrams reflecting physical and logical connectivity.
- Experience with SolarWinds.
- Data center operations.
- Network performance monitoring.
- IT security principles.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, interpersonal skills, and team skills.
- Ability to listen to the needs of our internal clients and translate their input into requirements.
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing in American English
Experience with wireless network design.
Experience with installation and configuration of Windows Server products.
Experience with security patching and testing, including DISA Security Technical Implementation Guide (STIG) processes.
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS: BS or equivalent + 10 yrs related experience, or MS + 8 yrs related experience
About Our Work
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT does not have a vaccination mandate applicable to all employees. To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, however, GDIT may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on the status of the federal contractor mandate and customer site requirements.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.