Own your opportunity to serve as a critical component of our nation’s safety and security. Make an impact by using your expertise to protect our country from threats.
Transform technology into opportunity as a Network Engineer with GDIT. A career in enterprise IT means connecting and enhancing the systems that matter most. At GDIT you’ll be at the forefront of innovation and play a meaningful part in improving how agencies operate.
At GDIT, people are our differentiator. As a Network Engineer you will help ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. Our work depends on Network Engineer joining our team to focus on technical aspects of vendor data center network architecture and operations. The engineer will work daily alongside engineering staff at site to become thoroughly familiar with unique processes and requirements relative to the DOD specific configurations and challenges.
HOW A NETWORK ENGINEER WILL MAKE AN IMPACT
Typical Network Engineer activities include:
Analyzing network configurations
Assisting with network inventory tracking and management
Perform regular system maintenance in support of IAVA vulnerabilities/CCRI compliance/code upgrades
Multiple opportunities to learn new technologies and diversify technical expertise
Reviews PCAP data for network troubleshooting and optimization
Troubleshooting connectivity issues and supporting operations
Developing network operating procedures
Evaluating technical specifications for interoperability
Assisting in the ongoing definition of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for the network and services.
Design/implement/migrate new next generation network solutions
Collaborate w/project manager and frameworks to coordinate/maintain schedule
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO SUCCEED:
● Education: Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Science
● Required Experience: 2+ years of related experience related experience
● Required Technical Skills: Preferred networking experience with TCP/IP, PCAP, Layer 2/3 networking, SSL, and familiarity with STE/STN and CCRI compliance
● Security Clearance Level: TS/SCI w/poly
● Required Skills and Abilities: Familiarity with STE/STN and CCRI compliance, and familiarity with troubleshooting connectivity issues for both services and applications
● Location: On-site
●US Citizenship Required
GDIT IS YOUR PLACE:
● 401K with company match
● Comprehensive health and wellness packages
● Internal mobility team dedicated to helping you own your career
● Professional growth opportunities including paid education and certifications
● Cutting-edge technology you can learn from
● Rest and recharge with paid vacation and holidays
2 + years of related experience
* may vary based on technical training, certification(s), or degree
CompTIA - Security+ - CompTIA
Less than 10%
U.S. Citizenship Required
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT does not have a vaccination mandate applicable to all employees. To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, however, GDIT may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on customer site requirements.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.