• Performs complex technical functions in support of engineering activities including set up, operations, maintenance, modifications, circuit testing, calibration and troubleshooting of electronic or electro-mechanical components and systems, experimental design circuitry, prototype models and/or specialized test equipment.
• Works from schematics, diagrams, written, and verbal instructions.
• Conducts complex engineering tests to collect design data or assist in general research work.
• Diagnoses and isolates equipment and system malfunctions that fail to respond to standard corrective measures.
• Assists in the development of electronic equipment.
• Repairs or modifies cables and equipment returned by operational users or by personnel in the associated test and development laboratories.
• May provide guidance and work leadership to less-experienced technicians.
• Participates in special projects, as required.
• Uses engineered drawings, statements of work, and technical manuals to determine requirements for cable systems. Prepares and installs distribution equipment and terminates tip cables on main distribution frames.
• Ensures techniques, materials, and accomplishments meeting technical standards and specifications and engineering directives.
Associate’s Degree in a related discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training or work/military experience
3-5 years of related experience
*Ideal candidate would have experience as 2M Micro-Miniature repair Technicians with experience in performing comprehensive component and system level screening and repair of shipboard modules and circuit boards.
About Our Work
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT does not have a vaccination mandate applicable to all employees. To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, however, GDIT may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on the status of the federal contractor mandate and customer site requirements.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.