GDIT is your place. You make it your own by embracing autonomy, seizing opportunity, and being trusted to deliver your best every day. We think. We act. We deliver. There is no challenge we can't turn into opportunity. And our work depends on TS/SCI level cleared Project Integrator (Rookie/Standard Order Manager) joining our team to support our Intelligence customer in Springfield, VA.
Position Duties and Responsibilities:
Systems Engineer with a Project Management experience is needed to provide overall project direction for the development, engineering, interfacing, integration, and execution specific awarded activities. Deliver Project Management/Integration support to awarded tasks under the User Data Services (UDS) contract adhering to community standards for Project Management to support the delivery, testing, analysis and deployment of new capabilities. Perform continuous status analysis and reporting to ensure a solid understanding of each project's transition status throughout the lifecycle. Develop plans for specific components of complex hardware/software systems to include: requirements elicitation and reviews, analysis and functional allocation, concepts of operation and interface specification, developing system architectures, performing technical/non-technical assessment and management, as well as end-to-end workflow and process analysis working traditional waterfall, agile and hybrid projects. The candidate will also engage with project stakeholders on a regular basis and work to deliver sound engineering solutions within the scope of the project. Other project integration duties as assigned.
The candidate will be required to exhibit good communication and customer support skills:
* Must demonstrate Project Management fundamentals utilizing approved tools (MS Project, Jira, etc.) and techniques in the execution of awarded IT activities to include scheduling, execution and monitoring/controlling
* Must be able to show effective communication across the Program and multifunctional teams to include the customer, stakeholders and other ITEMS contractors
* Must possess excellent time management skills and the drive to work unsupervised or within a small team
* Must be a team player and be willing to both share knowledge and learn from others to ensure the team's success
* Must be able to manage priorities across multiple projects
* Must be able to work within tight schedule timelines while delivering high quality work products
The Systems Engineer responsibilities include:
* Create quality analytical products to include visualizations, briefs, workflows, diagrams and reports.
* Identify areas of gaps and inefficiencies, provide specific inputs and recommendations, and work hand in hand with the government client to obtain support and authorization for delivering solutions
* Identify and document requirements changes and assess their impacts on the program baseline requirements
* Lead the development and enhancement of lifecycle artifacts required to be developed during the SE lifecycle (example artifacts include ROMs, project plans, project schedules, requirements plan such as SRDs, detailed design documents, CONOPs, test plans, SEMPs, transition activity plans, etc.)
* Lead the identification, baselining, and management of all project change requirements for all Engineering Change Proposals (ECPs) and Change Requests (CRQs)
1. Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
2. Master Degree preferred.
3. Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred.
5-10 years of related systems engineering/project management experience.
*Comprehensive work experience as a Project Manager or Project Integrator with demonstrated IT history with initiating, planning, executing, controlling, and closing activities. Track, report and provide alternatives resulting from changes with cost, time and scope of a project.
* Verified experience managing project schedules with Microsoft Project
* 5+ years of experience as a Lead Systems Engineer to include experience in leading, managing, and collaborating with a broad range of organizations and groups/teams needed to accomplish the system engineering tasks
* Proven experience in successfully serving as a Project/Capability lead with the responsibility of managing the lifecycle integration of a capability and its associated components into an existing architecture
* Demonstrated experience in the area of Requirements Management - activities include user engagement to perform requirement elicitation and derivation, generation of formal requirement documents, and verification activities to close-out project requirements
* Experience in SE related areas such Configuration Management, Change Management, Risk Management, Quality Assurance, and Process Management
* Experience with DoD Architecture Framework (DoDAF) 2.0 with the ability to work across managed infrastructure services to create required architecture views
* Experience in supporting Strategic Planning activities
*Experience creating visualizations and analytics utilizing Tableau
*Experience creating diagrams and workflows with Microsoft Visio
About Our Work
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT does not have a vaccination mandate applicable to all employees. To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, however, GDIT may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on the status of the federal contractor mandate and customer site requirements.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.