GDIT is looking for a high-performing individual to handle Linux System Administrator duties to maintain special communications systems that support our customer's mission and also to perform the duties of a Procurement Specialist.
Job duties include:
- Providing O&M on existing customer Linux and Windows systems;
- Performing downloading and ingesting of system logs for security analyses;
- Performing software installation and testing on stand-alone laptops;
- Maintaining subscriptions and third-party accounts used by the program's systems;
- Maintaining and updating equipment inventory;
- Performing procurement functions as necessary to maintain the program's suite;
- Acting as liaison between building facilities and security;
- Sharing and performing other administrative duties as assigned to support the Mission.
- TS/SCI with Polygraph
- Bachelor's degree AND 5 or more years experience Linux-based and Windows systems OR equivalant combination of education and experience
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively with corporate and Customer components to facilitate the program's mission;
- Experience procuring IT equipment and services OR desire to learn and perform special procurement duties to include maintaining subscriptions and completing payments for services provided by third-party vendors;
- Experience installing software and patches on stand-alone Windows and Linux-based computers;
- A "can-do" attitude with ability to learn and accept new tasks outside of the system admin realm to support the program's Mission;
About Our Work
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT does not have a vaccination mandate applicable to all employees. To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, however, GDIT may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on the status of the federal contractor mandate and customer site requirements.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.