GDIT has a career opportunity for a Computer Systems Administrator to join our Worldwide Field Support Contract at Tobyhanna Army Depot. Qualified candidates must be able to obtain a Secret clearance.
· Provides day-to-day technical support, administrative support, and troubleshooting for telecommunications, automation, security, and customer unique requirements.
· Provides customer support and assistance with configuration, installation, upgrades, and troubleshooting both remotely and at the activity site of desktop hardware, laptops, printers, other peripherals, Army Gold Master (AGM) software and security settings, Commercial Off the Shelf (COTS) software, application software requirements, and customer unique requirements.
· Monitors customer requirements, manages service requests and ensures appropriate allocation of Information Technology (IT) personnel resources to ensure timely resolution of customer problems and IT outages across a wide variety of applications and systems.
· Installs, upgrading, and interface in the installation infrastructure. Specializes in the software areas of PC operating systems, Commercial Off the Shelf (COTS) software, and command and activity standard applications, and must also have knowledge and understanding of operating systems, protocols and equipment used in customer organizations.
· Coordinates support actions with user, management, contractor personnel and higher levels as required.
· Assists users and lower grade personnel on technical issues and provides/coordinates technical advice for project leader and activity POCs in assigned areas of responsibility. Provides software administration functions and a variety of specialty software products such as patch management, software distribution, operating system deployment, security products, and network access protection using System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM).
· Utilizes System Center Operations Manager (SCOM) to monitor hardware and software in the environment.
· Analyzes user requirements and assists management in steps to solve automation problems.
· BS and 2 yrs experience (will consider 6 yrs of experience in lieu of degree).
· Security + certification prior to start date.
· Secret clearance prior to start.
About Our Work
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT does not have a vaccination mandate applicable to all employees. To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, however, GDIT may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on the status of the federal contractor mandate and customer site requirements.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.