Applies basic pipefitting processes to join, surface, fabricate, repair, or replace piping systems.
1. Applies basic pipefitting processes to join, surface, fabricate, repair, or replace piping systems (Steel, CUNI, Aluminum, and Stainless Steel).
2. Must have experience in bending all types of pipe and knowledge of operating a pipe bending machine.
3. Works from blueprints, engineering sketches, charts, or work order as well as a knowledge of MIL-Std 22D joint design and knowledge of AWS Welding Symbols.
4. Uses measuring tools and related equipment to target and fit piping either standard or metric.
5. Must be a 4 Year Apprentice or Trade School Graduate.
6. Must have all the Pipefitting Tools for the Trade.
7. Sil-brazes CUNI pipe using Grade III and Grade IV in order to pass UT.
8. Must be to fit and scribe proper Guider line for VT / Fit Up in various size pipe.
9. Inspects completed work for conformance to specifications.
10. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced pipefitters.
11. Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
12. Participates in special projects as required.
1. Requires a High School Diploma or GED.
2. Technical/Apprenticeship or vocational training preferred.
4-5 years of related pipefitting experience.
Must be an US citizen.
Must be able to gain access to various Naval Facilities and various Shipyards.
About Our Work
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT does not have a vaccination mandate applicable to all employees. To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, however, GDIT may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on the status of the federal contractor mandate and customer site requirements.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.