Own your opportunity to work with the largest government agency in the nation. Make an impact by advancing the Department of Defense’s mission to keep our country safe and secure.
The Engineering Technician will provide engineering support services as directed by the GDIT Program Lead Engineering Technician or Government MSC Engineer assisting in the repair or replacement of Government equipment. The candidate assists with minor maintenance repair and/or refurbishment of rigs and associated equipment located at the MSC Underway Replenishment Training Center (MUTC) located on the Joint Expeditionary Base at Little Creek, Virginia Beach.
Job Responsibilities: General Dynamics Information Technology is seeking a qualified candidate for an Engineering Technician position assisting with routine maintenance and minor repairs on MUTC UNREP training equipment. The candidate must be capable of determining probable causes of equipment problems/failures and determine what can be repaired locally at the MUTC or should be reported to the MUTC Site Administrator for government repair under the direction of the program’s Lead Engineer.
How our Engineering Technician Will Make an Impact:
* Maintenance on the MHE, up to the batteries. MHE repair is the responsibility of the Government.
* Maintenance on the Cargo and Fuel rigs up to the motor controllers for each. Rig maintenance beyond this level is the responsibility of NSWC PHD.
* Analyze equipment faults, determine disposition, and make recommendations for correction to the Government Engineer.
* Schedule and perform preventive maintenance, per the Government Engineer’s direction.
* Identify maintenance material and resources for acquisition by the Supply Support Contractor, after receiving Government Engineer approval.
* Administer the safety, HAZMAT, and environment programs, as directed by the Government Engineer and the MUTC On-Site Representative/Lead Instructor.
* Conduct periodic oil analysis and gauge calibration, in accordance with established guidelines and as directed by the Government Engineer.
* Oversee and report all administrative, maintenance and support actions to the Government Engineer.
What You'll Need to Succeed:
* High School degree plus 4 (four) years of military or civilian experience in the use and repair of UNREP equipment.
* Secret Clearance
GDIT IS YOUR PLACE:
● 401K with company match
● Comprehensive health and wellness packages
● Internal mobility team dedicated to helping you own your career
● Professional growth opportunities including paid education and certifications
● Cutting-edge technology you can learn from
● Rest and recharge with paid vacation and holidays
3 + years of related experience
* may vary based on technical training, certification(s), or degree
Less than 10%
U.S. Citizenship Required
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT does not have a vaccination mandate applicable to all employees. To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, however, GDIT may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on the status of the federal contractor mandate and customer site requirements.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.