GDIT is seeking a Project Logistics Lead to support a high-tempo, international, counter-WMD training program for the Department of Defense (DoD). The applicant will be responsible for leading the Logistics Team and overseeing the program’s warehouse operations. This person will also work as part of the program leadership team.
The preferred candidate must be team oriented with excellent communication skills; have keen attention to detail, exceptional organizational skills, and the ability to work under pressure. A basic understanding of the global WMD threat, military protocol, and international affairs is a plus but not necessary.
• Five years of experience in logistics management, warehouse management, manufacturing or supply chain operations.
• Demonstrated time management, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
• Extensive experience with international program support, logistics, and procurement.
• Effective analytical skills, with the ability to apply logic to your work and provide measured solutions to challenges.
• Experience with International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and Export Administration Regulations (EAR) compliance.
• Experience in warehouse operations: inventory management; shipping and receiving; transportation of program government furnished equipment.
• Ability to calmly and effectively handle multiple and changing priorities.
• Ability and availability for occasional international travel.
• Excellent decision-making, communications, and follow-up skills. Passion for continuous improvement at scale.
• Provide leadership and oversight to the Logistics Team in support of the DoD contract.
• Manage and direct activities related to procurement, shipping, export control, logistics analysts and a CONUS warehouse.
• Maintain current and accurate records of program equipment and material.
• Interface with shipping partners and vendors to ensure smooth shipping process.
• Conduct and oversee equipment and material inventories.
• Ensure all program equipment is operational and ready when needed.
• Maintain a clean and organized warehouse and ensure operational readiness to support the client.
• Inspect shipments for completeness and accuracy.
• Work with vendors to procure equipment and material required by the program.
• Recognize improvement opportunities and be proactive in turning these opportunities into practice.
Candidate will be responsible for maintaining accurate timekeeping records, providing weekly updates to program leadership and input at team meetings, and completing additional training as required or directed. The candidate must also meet GDIT corporate requirements to be able to obtain and maintain a Security Clearance.
Military experience preferred, college degree a plus but not necessary.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.