Looking for an energetic Java Software Engineer that will be working with a select group of engineers building communication systems involving software defined radios, custom waveforms, and control software for radios and control surfaces (GUI), Machine Learning (ML) and Artificial Intelligence (AI). You will write software as a member of a cross-disciplinary agile team to build innovative hardware and software radio systems.
GCI’s engineering team that has passion for designing and building cool systems that excite our customers. Our engineers get to play with all kinds of software including Java, DSP in C, C++, Python, VHDL and Xilinx FPGA tools, NVidia CUDA acceleration, and more. We work as a team to split up what needs to be done and everyone gets to do a little of everything.
If this sounds interesting, please forward your resume and optionally a cover letter to us. Well review it and get right back to you – GCI doesn’t use automated computers that treat you like a jumble of programming language keywords. We are real people that are interested in working with you!
· 4+ years Java and Java script
· Experience with Linux environments
· Experience with user interface design, database structures and statistical analyses.
· Analytical mindset and good problem-solving skills.
· Excellent written and verbal communication.
· Good organizational skills.
· Ability to work as part of a team.
· Attention to detail.
· Bachelors degree (in Computer Science or related field) or equivalent, and 5+ years of related experience
· Develop, implement and supervise design verification test plans at system level. Opportunities to participate in test events, including travel, and produce technical performance reports.
· Ability to obtain and hold a government security clearance.
· JQuery experience
· Bootstrap experience
· Tomcat (Or some other implementation of Java Servlet ) experience
· Scripting with Python, Perl, Linux shell programming, etc.
· Knowledge of wireless technology, digital/analog communications, or RF
This position requires being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by December 8, 2021 or the start date, if after December 8.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.