Performs installation maintenance and repair of telecommunications systems.
Motorola systems experienced professional who performs installation maintenance and repair of telecommunications systems.
1. Installs, maintains and repairs voice, data and wireless communications systems.
2. Maintains telecommunications equipment and installs, rearranges and removes equipment and associated wiring.
3. Interprets service orders, circuit diagrams, and electrical schematics.
4. Tests, locates, and repairs equipment problems associated with trouble calls, and performs routine maintenance.
5. Verifies work order information and receipt of all necessary equipment and information.
6. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
7. Participates in special projects as required.
Associates Degree in a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training or work experience.
Must meet the certification requirement on the SPIN-C or individual task order
1-3 years of related telecommunications experience.
Intermediate “hands on” work experience in support of installations, repair, and troubleshooting or maintenance of communications systems or equipment. Must have the technical knowledge to solve complex problems, understand the interrelationships of circuits, and be able to exercise independent judgment in performing tasks in support of communications systems or equipment.
Intermediate hands-on experience in maintenance/troubleshooting of Motorola and other Land Mobile Radio Equipment as specified in the task order to include:
• Motorola Communications consoles • 1+ years of XTS 5000 with Astro 25 experience
• Test equipment such as, service monitors/ communication system analyzers, oscilloscopes, multimeters, frequency counters, power meters, spectrum analyzer
• Digital recording equipment
• Over the air keying equipment (Key management facility)
• Site controllers
Must be qualified to install LMR base stations, repeaters and mobile radios. Must have LMR shop operations and management experience in a large-scale LMR shop and be familiar with equipment tracking databases.
" We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.