Own your opportunity to work with the largest government agency in the nation. Make an impact by advancing the Department of Defense’s mission to keep our country safe and secure.
Deliver simple solutions to complex problems as a Systems Engineer Advisor at GDIT. Here, you’ll tailor cutting-edge solutions to the unique requirements of our clients. With a career in application development, you’ll make the end user’s experience your priority and we’ll make your career growth ours.
At GDIT, people are our differentiator. As a Systems Engineer Advisor you will help ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. Our work depends on Systems Engineer Advisor joining our team to support the Afloat Command, Control, Communications, and Computers (C4) Systems Integration Team at Marine Corps Systems Command (MCSC), providing integration and engineering solutions for the naval amphibious environment in support of deployed Marines worldwide through the application of technology, processes, and policies. The overarching team chart is summarized in three main areas: 1. Direct integration support to deploying forces; 2. Direct support to Marine Corps Program Management Offices; and 3. Direct technical interface for Joint and Naval amphibious stakeholders.
The Systems Engineer Advisor will:
● Design and analyze system architectures for new or existing Naval networks and systems.
● Serve as the technical lead for Naval network integration with Navy Program Offices for tactical networks. This will include direct coordination and co-chairing working groups and critical design reviews though analysis of current shipboard networks’ performance, Marine Corps network requirements, and providing design recommendations for expedited network embarkation, configuration, and integration, as well as network continuity of operations through redundancy, restoration, and recovery.
● Serve as the technical lead for Naval network integration supervising the execution of shipboard network assessments conducted by team members concurrent with the Navy network installation schedule. This will include reviewing post-assessment reports, identifying follow-up support tasks, and maintaining direct liaison with Navy program offices.
● Advance a technology roadmap to define the future implementation of Naval network technologies, linking technical capabilities to high-level operational requirements.
● Serve as the technical Naval networks lead during the annual Service-level requirements and policy reviews that define Marine Corps afloat C4 requirements and priorities to the Navy. Apply technical expertise and understanding of the Naval tactical networks to ensure Marine Corps equities are included during the design, development, integration, and installation of shipboard C4 infrastructure.
● Serve as technical Naval networks lead for information resource management in the form of a multi-volume technical guide series. This will include supervising the team to conduct annual reviews of current guides, and the development of new volumes directed to technology and process changes.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO SUCCEED: ● Required Experience: 8+ years of related experience in network architecture design, network management and administration, and cybersecurity. Includes and understanding of technical standards, implementation/configuration, and the application of controls to ensure Confidentiality, Integrity, and Availability. Navy or Marine Corps tactical network experience preferred but not required. ● Required Technical Skills: Network and Systems Administration, CISCO (e.g., CCNA/CCNP), VMware (e.g., VCTA, VCP), Cloud (e.g., Azure, AWS) , IAT Level II, IAM Level I ● Security Clearance Level: SECRET ● Required Skills and Abilities: Effective written and oral communication skills
● Location: on GDIT Site, Stafford VA
DoD 8570 Certifications
IAT Level II (Required to have one of the following)
IAM Level I (Required to have one of the following)
BA/BS or equivalent, 8 years of experience
Years of Experience
10 + years of related experience
* may vary based on technical training, certification(s), or degree
Less than 10%
U.S. Citizenship Required
About Our Work
We are GDIT. A global technology and professional services company that delivers consulting, technology and mission services to every major agency across the U.S. government, defense and intelligence community. Our 30,000 experts extract the power of technology to create immediate value and deliver solutions at the edge of innovation. We operate across 30 countries worldwide, offering leading capabilities in digital modernization, AI/ML, Cloud, Cyber and application development. Together with our clients, we strive to create a safer, smarter world by harnessing the power of deep expertise and advanced technology.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.