Own your opportunity to work with the largest government agency in the nation. Make an impact by advancing the Department of Defense’s mission to keep our country safe and secure.
Cyber Solutions Architect
GDIT is seeking a forward-leaning Cyber Solutions Architect with a background in Science and Technology (S&T) and Emerging Technology in the DoD space.
Make an impact by supporting exercises and S&T efforts to apply advanced cybersecurity technologies to improve the Department of Defense mission effectiveness, keeping our country safe and secure.
GDIT is seeking a Cyber Solutions Architect with a background in DOD S&T / Experimentation efforts to work in the CTO team to apply cybersecurity technology to address DOD Mission needs, demonstrate GDIT solution capabilities to address those needs, and develop solution artifacts needed to win our most complex, large scale and strategic proposals while working with the Defense CTO.
This is an important client facing roles, and it will give you the opportunity to work directly with DOD leaders to identify the mission requirements, collaborate on solution design with the Government, GDIT capability teams, and GDIT's partner network to address the mission needs. You will develop demonstrable capabilities to address those mission needs and establish measures of success that are quantifiable and align directly to the mission need.
To be successful in this role you must be able to translate relevant details about technologies into a language that DOD personnel appreciate and can be understood by management and other stakeholders including technologists, operators, and intelligence analysts.
You will have the opportunity to develop solution and proof of concept demonstrations and will stay relevant through learning new skills and technologies.
HOW A CYBER SOLUTION ARCHITECT WILL MAKE AN IMPACT:
● Collaborate with DOD clients to identify mission needs and develop operational use cases to drive solution design
● Design operational, system, and data interface architecture views to represent how GDIT solutions and Government systems exchange information to achieve mission objectives
● Identify key value metrics to assess effectiveness of solution to achieve mission needs
● Define assumptions and interdependencies with Government systems necessary to scope solution design to achieve mission success
● Design solution interfaces to effect mission goals and satisfy/exceed system and mission requirements
● Develop integrated solutions to achieve mission requirements
● Lead portions of design/development efforts for overall solution development
● Participate in coding efforts, API and data integration of solutions in lab environment (GDIT or Government)
● Test solution against requirements to verify satisfaction of requirements
● Provide technical inputs to training and system documentation artifacts
S&T / Operational Demonstration:
● Act as Technical Team lead for portion of S&T demonstration
● Provide Subject Matter Expertise and hands-on support for field activities during demonstration period
● Provide guidance to field and remote tech teams regarding use and troubleshooting of systems in demonstration environment
● Provide field/on the job training with warfighters/operators
● Support implementation of approved field changes to address mission objectives and refine/improve performance
● Refine technical inputs to system design, CONOP, and troubleshooting playbook artifacts to ensure all changes made in field are recorded
● Provide technical inputs to After Action Reports
● Document Lessons Learned and recommended design refinements ot improve solutions or advance capability with emerging technology
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO SUCCEED: ● Education: Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Science in Cybersecurity, Computer Science, IT, Systems Engineering, or relevant STEM field
● Required Experience: 15+ years of related experience in support of DOD missions
● At least 10 years of experience designing/fielding/maintaining DOD cyber, training, IT, network, or business systems
● Demonstrated expertise in at least one of the following technical skills: DevOps, API development, AI/ML, Data Integration, cloud security architecture, zero trust architecture
● Demonstrated experience and success in field demonstration (e.g., S&T programs, DT/OT, Operational Demonstration events) in a DOD mission environment
● Demonstrated success in translating operational requirements to design and development elements
● Required Security Clearance Level: Secret
● Required Skills and Abilities: Demosntarted experience in applying advanced and emerging technology solutions to deliver successful outcomes that support and enhance DOD mission capabilities. Demonstrated success in solution conceptualization, design, business case analysis, and implementation. Demonstrated success communicating at SES/Flag/General Officer level in written and oral briefs. Experience in the development, drafting, and writing of technical solutions in context of DOD mission.
● Location: Remote, Hybrid (Continental US)
● US Citizenship Required
GDIT IS YOUR PLACE: ● Full-flex work week to own your priorities at work and at home ● 401K with company match ● Comprehensive health and wellness packages ● Internal mobility team dedicated to helping you own your career ● Professional growth opportunities including paid education and certifications ● Cutting-edge technology you can learn from ● Rest and recharge with paid vacation and holidays
Years of Experience
15 + years of related experience
* may vary based on technical training, certification(s), or degree
U.S. Citizenship Required
Salary and Benefit Information
The likely salary range for this position is $152,000 - $228,000. This is not, however, a guarantee of compensation or salary. Rather, salary will be set based on experience, geographic location and possibly contractual requirements and could fall outside of this range. View information about benefits and our total rewards program.
About Our Work
We are GDIT. A global technology and professional services company that delivers consulting, technology and mission services to every major agency across the U.S. government, defense and intelligence community. Our 30,000 experts extract the power of technology to create immediate value and deliver solutions at the edge of innovation. We operate across 30 countries worldwide, offering leading capabilities in digital modernization, AI/ML, Cloud, Cyber and application development. Together with our clients, we strive to create a safer, smarter world by harnessing the power of deep expertise and advanced technology.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.