Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL)
Own your opportunity to work with the largest government agency in the nation. Make an impact by advancing the Department of Defense’s mission to keep our country safe and secure.
Deliver simple solutions to complex problems as a Service Transition Manager at GDIT. Here, you’ll tailor prepare the unique requirements of our clients for deployment into our production environment. With a career in delivering outstanding outcomes for customers, you’ll make the end user’s experience your priority and we’ll make your career growth ours.
At GDIT, people are our differentiator. As a Service Transition Manager you will help ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. Our work depends on a Service Transition Manager joining our team to assist in delivering successful IT outcomes for a DOD customer. You will guide several efforts to ideation to transition working with other teammates and the customer.
HOW A PROJECT/TASK MANAGER SUPERVISOR WILL MAKE AN IMPACT:
● Facilitating the deployment of design packages into production
● Removes the Service Transition team’s impediments
● Lead the Change Management Board and advise the PM/customer on risks related to the proposed changes
● Responsible for Configuration Item management
● Responsible for the organization’s knowledge and data management
● Assist report development for multiple internal and external audiences
● Manage Service Transition team members and other work centers
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO SUCCEED:
● Education: Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
● Required Experience: 5 years of related experience
● Required Technical Skills: Certified Scrum Master, ITIL
● Security Clearance Level: TS/SCI
● Required Skills and Abilities: excellent managerial skills, attention to detail, strong communication skills, strong familiarity with ServiceNow and Jira, foundational cloud understanding
● Preferred Skills: Technical Project Management
● Location: On Customer Site in Newington VA
WHAT GDIT CAN OFFER YOU:
● 401K with company match
● Comprehensive health and wellness packages
● Internal mobility team dedicated to helping you own your career
● Professional growth opportunities including paid education and certifications
● Cutting-edge technology and the ability to make a real impact on the world around you.
Not sure this job’s the one for you? Check out our other openings at gdit.com/careers.
Do you have a friend or colleague this posting describes? Let them know about the opportunity by clicking “Share.”
5 + years of related experience
* may vary based on technical training, certification(s), or degree
Certified Scrum Master (CSM) - Scrum Alliance
ITIL Foundation - ITIL
Less than 10%
U.S. Citizenship Required
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT does not have a vaccination mandate applicable to all employees. To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, however, GDIT may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on customer site requirements.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.