General Dynamic Information Technology (GDIT) is hiring intermediate Hardware Specialists, in Fort Meade, MD. Your primary responsibilities include providing operations and administration support functions required to install/re-install, configure, secure, maintain, and load balance all infrastructure components.
· Provide operations and administration support functions, inclusive of all system administration tasks required to install/re-install, configure, secure, maintain, and load balance all infrastructure components, operating systems, and authorized specialized software.
· Install and maintain Patch Panels, LAN, Closed Circuit Television (CCTV), Telephone Cable, Crypto and Communications Equipment (DSU/CSU for Data Circuit), etc.
· Provide technical expertise to design, install, remove, analyze, and test, in order to sustain the Cable Plant and Wireless infrastructure, utilizing best practices.
· Conduct technical analysis in the installation of cable plant and wireless infrastructure.
· Prepares moderately complex flow charts, models, and procedures along with conducting feasibility studies to design possible system solutions.
· Performs preparation of systems specifications.
· Under limited supervision, prepare and maintain technical documentation to guide system users and to assist with the ongoing operation, maintenance, and development of systems.
· Applies practical knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education and work experience. May provide guidance to less-experienced personnel.
· Performs detailed analysis and systems design.
· Coordinates hardware and software acquisition.
· Creates plans and configures systems for data communication networks.
· Supports the design and build of hardware and software components for computer or telecommunications networks.
· Active Top Secret clearance is required.
· A combination of 2 or more years of experience.
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.