Fabricates tests troubleshoots, repairs and modifies electronic developmental and production equipment, parts, components, and systems according to engineering instructions. Installs, maintains, repairs, overhauls, troubleshoots, modifies, constructs and tests various types of electrical, electronic, and/or mechanical equipment and related devices.
1. Performs routine technical functions in support of engineering activities such as set up, operation, maintenance, modification, circuit testing, calibration and troubleshooting of electronic or electro-mechanical components and systems, experimental design circuitry, prototype models or specialized test equipment.
2. Works from schematics, diagrams, written and verbal instructions.
3. Performs routine operational tests and fault isolation to ensure conformance with design specifications.
4. Diagnoses and isolates malfunctions, and makes necessary repairs.
5. Repairs or modifies cables and equipment returned by operational users or by personnel in the associated test and development laboratories.
6. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
7. Applies technical knowledge of electronics principles in order to put equipment in operational condition and solve moderately complex problems.
8. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
9. Participates in special projects as required.
10. Must be familiar with NAVSEA drawings and some knowledge/capability to support electrical trades.
11. Must be familiar with cable removal; cable installation; MCTs (multi-cable transits); lagging and painting.
High School Diploma or GED
Associates Degree in a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training or work experience.
1-3 year of related experience fabricating, maintaining and repairing electronic components.
Candidate must be able obtain access to Naval Facilities and local shipyards.
Cableway Certification is preferred.Secret Security Clearance is preferred. We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.