Maintains an organizations computer systems workflows and is responsible for the upkeep, configuration and reliable operation of computer systems, including fixing network issues along with updating equipment and software. Creates and administers profiles and accounts and maintains systems documentation. Tunes system performance for optimal conditions. Installs system-wide software.
1. Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
2. Maintains the integrity and security of servers,physical office location, and systems.
3. Sets up administrator and service accounts.
4. Processes, tracks, and manages account documentation.
5. Maintains system documentation
6. Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products.
7. Tracks hardware and software, coordinates installation and provides backup recovery.
8. Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
9. Coordinates and participates in coordination meetings as required.
10. Develops and implements testing strategies and document results.
11. Provides advice and training to end-users.
12. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
13. Participates in special projects as required
2-5 years of directly related experience in systems administration and analysis.
Ability to support Shift work 365*24*7
Computing environment certification in either Windows Server, VMware, SharePoint, or similar technology
8570 certification: IAT Level II Certification, e.g., Security+ CE
Battle Captain 3 main functions:
JPAS access (physical security)
Run the operations floor
Answer the phone/tier 1 and triage
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.