The Technical Operations Engineer will provide technical advice and guidance on the installation, adaption, configuration, and/or enhancement of company technical products, programs, and systems. The ideal candidate will use their expertise to resolve technical problems; modify products, programs, and/or systems to customer specifications; and perform various tests and document the results. A successful engineer will maintain current knowledge of relevant technologies (as assigned) and serve as a company liaison with customer on administrative and technical matters for assigned projects. They must provide strong end-user training and guidance/leadership to less experienced engineers and technicians. The candidate must be at ease working in a mission focused environment and have the ability to adapt to customer-driven requirements. This person should embody a passion for continuous improvement and innovation.
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Computer or Systems Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
2. 10 to 15 years of related engineering experience
1. Comprehensive knowledge of engineering principles, methods, and techniques.
2. Comprehensive knowledge of related tools, equipment, hardware, and software.
3. Excellent written and verbal communication, as well as strong presentation skills.
4. Outstanding customer focus and service skills.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.