• Provides service to end-users for operation, restoration, and configuration of information systems. Reports security incidents and executes corrective security procedures.
• Understands minor system tasks (e.g., loading software, rebooting, systems) in support of software and hardware maintenance and operations functions
• Installs and incorporates new releases, updates/patches, or other changes to COTS hardware and software (diagnostics failures or potential failure predictions)
• Operates and applies automated H/W management and diagnostics systems (to include remote management and diagnostics) and interprets findings to maintain, repair, or upgrade H/W
• Conducts hardware maintenance and minor installations on equipment listed in the specified task order and understands the inter-operational relationships of all components, to the extent required to perform maintenance services
• Provides technical assistance to responding field service personnel
Ability to communicate effectively and interact with customers
AA or equivalent + 6 yrs related experience.
TS/SCI clearance required (CI poly preferred or must be able to obtain).
Technical certification to meet 8570 compliance required (IAT II).
Physical requirements (walking, lifting up to 50 lbs, crawling for extended periods of time)
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.