GDIT is seeking a Senior Network/Security Engineer.
- Network security engineer provides support for the statewide network, with firewall, router, and switch design, configuration, and installation.
- Provides technical support and implement of client requested firewall changes such as NAT, ACLs, remote access VPNs, AAA authentication, and L2L VPN tunnels.
- Creates shared documentation referencing new configurations and network concepts; maintains network security by reviewing firewall configurations with clients to ensure resources are protected.
- Assists in the management of a heterogenous network consisting of router, switches, and firewalls from Cisco, Juniper, Palo Alto, and other common vendors.
- Designs, tests, and implements custom solutions for client Internet, LAN, and WAN projects.
- Provides DNS management for clients.
- Writes scripts to automate tasks; creates network diagrams for documentation; coordinates with vendors and team members on network installations; installs network and telecommunications equipment at client sites.
- Reviews client networks to determine hardware and software changes for bandwidth upgrades; requests and receives quotes from vendors; researches and implements new technical solutions as requested.
- Participates with other engineers in an on-call rotation for one week per month.
- Troubleshoots LAN/WAN/Firewall connectivity and security issues; assists in patching networking hardware during security audits; assists daily with Helpdesk support tickets as a tier 2/3 engineer.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering or other related field is desired.
-Four plus years of practical experience in the field may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Requires a minimum of 2 years’ experience in firewall and security management, LAN/WAN design, systems configuration, and troubleshooting.
- Requires multivendor experience with LAN technologies including all standardized speeds of Ethernet (10Mbps to 100Gbps).
- Must have the technical background and ability to self-educate and stay abreast of new networking technologies and trends.
- Requires strong customer service, presentation, and communication skills.
- Vendor certification from Cisco, Juniper, Fortinet, Palo Alto or other related vendors is desired. Cisco CCNP or Juniper JNCIS preferred.
- If the candidate can show deep understanding of routing, switching, and firewalling in the technical interview, certifications are not required.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.