Under general supervision, responsible for providing second level telephone support to end-user community on hardware, software and network related problems, questions and/or issues. Troubleshoots determine problems for operating systems, applications and remote access, email and telephone and wireless issues. Responsible for network and email account provisioning and management, as well as, wireless mobility problems, issues or request. Defines and classifies level, priority and nature of problem, request and/or issue. If unable to diagnose problem and/or problem requires physical interaction with end user the technician escalates problem to the appropriate team. Responsible for opening, tracking and closing trouble tickets. Ensures problem ownership and promotes end-user satisfaction. Tracks activities of field engineers to who tickets were assigned. Must possess an advanced technical skill and knowledge in computer hardware and software as well as networking systems in use at customer sites. Requires experience and knowledge of installation, configuration and troubleshooting of computers. Must have basic knowledge of help desk call tracking management systems. Requires strong communication and excellent customer service skills.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
· Requires a good working knowledge of applications software, hardware, operating system software, networking and systems documentation support issues
· Excellent communication skills
· Must be able to interpret user comments, identify problems and provide timely resolution, often on complex technical issues
· Detail oriented and organized; able to understand information systems and ensure accuracy of work
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
· 2+ years of directly related experience in systems administration and analysis.
· Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician (MCDST) Certification preferred
· ITIL v3 Certification preferred
· DoDI 8570.01m Certification required
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.